Bobcat 843 Bobtach Pins and Bushings

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

TBigLug

I am trying to fix the Bobtach on my 843. The one side wallered out from apparently having a broken bushing for what looks like a decade or better, lol. I know RVM says they sell a whole new assembly for $1,350+ shipping. I would like to try and fix this one to get me through until I can afford one of those. Can anyome point me to where I can buy the bushings (6563436) that I can try and weld in. The one hole is extremely wallered out. Has anyone tried building there own bushing to weld in? I don't need perfection since this is a farm use machine, lol. What about a piece of pipe or tubing? Thanks. I'll add a link to a video I just took so you can see how jacked up it is.

TheVille9

You can purchase them on Bobcats parts catalog online I believe as long as they are still available. I think you'd be wasting your time trying to make something. You could probably buy them and save yourself a headache getting something to work.

OP
OP
T

TBigLug

You can purchase them on Bobcats parts catalog online I believe as long as they are still available. I think you'd be wasting your time trying to make something. You could probably buy them and save yourself a headache getting something to work.
I checked online last night and a parts search returned zero results. Here's a video showing how wobbled out it is. https://youtu.be/qTvrDaORXrs

TheVille9

I checked online last night and a parts search returned zero results. Here's a video showing how wobbled out it is. https://youtu.be/qTvrDaORXrs
If you use this link it should get you taken care of https://www.bobcatpartsonline.com/#/catalogBrowser just select model number and type in 843. I believe the bobtach is the same on all the serial numbers. Once you select your serial number in the right side it will have a window where you can type. Enter that part number and search it and it will take you right to that bushing. I would get the bushings for both sides, bobtach pins, and weld in bushings. that should fix you up.

TheVille9

If you use this link it should get you taken care of https://www.bobcatpartsonline.com/#/catalogBrowser just select model number and type in 843. I believe the bobtach is the same on all the serial numbers. Once you select your serial number in the right side it will have a window where you can type. Enter that part number and search it and it will take you right to that bushing. I would get the bushings for both sides, bobtach pins, and weld in bushings. that should fix you up.
If that doesn't work your local dealer should be able to ship them to you.

OP
OP
T

TBigLug

If that doesn't work your local dealer should be able to ship them to you.
Looks like a no-dice scenario all around this weekend. All 4 dealers within 100 miles of me are closed. No dice on the online ordering eother. According to them the part doesn't exist, lol. Same thing that happened when I tried to buy the bushing for the steering hydro. Had to measure out and buy one from a local bushing maker. We'll see what Tuesday brings, lol. Thanks for your help.

flyerdan

Looks like a no-dice scenario all around this weekend. All 4 dealers within 100 miles of me are closed. No dice on the online ordering eother. According to them the part doesn't exist, lol. Same thing that happened when I tried to buy the bushing for the steering hydro. Had to measure out and buy one from a local bushing maker. We'll see what Tuesday brings, lol. Thanks for your help.
Is the pivot pin on the lift arm okay? If so, it might be cheaper and quicker to ream out the wallered housing and make a custom bushing to take up the slack.
It just seems that it would be easier to turn bushing material than cut out and weld in a boss, and keep it aligned so it worked right.

Tazza

Staff member
Is the pivot pin on the lift arm okay? If so, it might be cheaper and quicker to ream out the wallered housing and make a custom bushing to take up the slack.
It just seems that it would be easier to turn bushing material than cut out and weld in a boss, and keep it aligned so it worked right.
Yeah, that's pretty bad.....
I have a lathe and too much time on my hands, i made new ones for my worn out 753 and also did a 763, it took a lot of time to make a new one, but i got there. New pins and i mounted it all up and welded the new bosses in place
The only other bush mechanic way you can fix this is to replace the bushing with Nylon. Get a lump of it and cut the Inside to suit the pin, then do your best to machine the OD to suit the hole. nylon is a bit more forgiving with being the worng shape. You can fine tune the hole with a die grinder.
Just an option that can save you a lot of headaches.