Bobcat 835 Fuel problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

justplaintt

I recently purchased a used 835 and I am having fuel issues. When I first ran the machine I accidentally ran it out of fuel (or i think it was out of fuel). I filled the fuel tank and the fuel gauge shows full. It will run like a top on the first gallon or so of fuel. After a little running it starts acting like it is running out of fuel. Especially if i am on an incline . If I'm on an incline it will start sputtering and if i turn the machine perpendicular to the incline it picks up fuel again. I have filled the tank to the point of overflowing and it runs good for the first gallon or so. When it starts sputtering I can add a gallon of fuel and off we go. Any suggestions or ideas????

antfarmer2

Bleed the air out start at the filter then the bleeder by the injector pump also check your fuel cap for a pluged vent

jerry

Bleed the air out start at the filter then the bleeder by the injector pump also check your fuel cap for a pluged vent
when it quit how much did it take to fill it? If only a few gallons I would think the pickup line in the tank is broken off.

SkidRoe

Definitely sounds like a broken pickup line in the tank, like Jerry mentioned. I take it that your machine is actually an 853. If it is, it is about the right age for this to occur.
It is not a real easy job to do on an 853 - you are basically working blind - but there are a number of good posts on the forum detailing how to go about it.
HTH