Bobcat 825 will not start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

New825Guy

Another chapter in my ongoing 825 adventure. The bottom pan under the engine fell off. The fuel tank also fell out and was dragged for a bit. There did not appear to be any damage to the fuel tank. I drilled out and re-threaded the bolt holes for the bottom pan, put things back together and restarted the machine...for about 30 seconds.. then the engine died. I have tried manually pumping but can't get the engine to catch. I did not attempt to reconnect the fuel gauge wires, the gauge has not worked for some time now. The fuel hoses (2) appeared to remain attached. Is it possible that I have pinched the fuel hose will re-installing the fuel tank? Should I continue to pump and attempt to start. I am afraid to run the battery down., Any words of wisdom?

OP
OP
N

New825Guy

Blue smoke indicated burning engine oil, did the smoke clear up?
Yes after a minute or so. Think it was flooded. Just ran moving gravel for 1.5 hrs. Everything looks good now. It was a tough start this spring. With these older machines it's always an adventure. So far this year: radiator; water pump; wheel rim & flat tire; bottom plate & fuel tank (fell off); fan belt (probably should have had a closer look when I replaced the water pump. Running good now.

Tazza

Staff member
Yes after a minute or so. Think it was flooded. Just ran moving gravel for 1.5 hrs. Everything looks good now. It was a tough start this spring. With these older machines it's always an adventure. So far this year: radiator; water pump; wheel rim & flat tire; bottom plate & fuel tank (fell off); fan belt (probably should have had a closer look when I replaced the water pump. Running good now.
Glad it's ok.
Older machines can get hard to start as the compression lowers, but as long as you can warm them up, they get going and can run all day.