Bobcat 825 revving on its own after injector pump reseal

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

robcat825

I need some help here. I just resealed my injector pump. Put it back on the machine, bleed the system. Put the throttle lever in the start position and the engine revved to full throttle. I shut it off. Tried it again. Full throttle again. I pulled the throttle lever back and it idled down but while running it, it starts revving up on its own. I have to keep backing off on the throttle lever to keep the rpms down. While resealing the pump, I paided close attention to the position of the spring on the governor arm and throttle arm and replaced to the exact same position. Its a CAV DPA pump on a Perkins 4-108 diesel engine. I only replaced the o ring and the rear seal on the pump head. I didn't mess with any settings on the pump or under the top cover. I also need a pump body because one of the top cover studs pulled the thread out of the pump body. I have it together now with no leaks using 4" water clamps. Anyone know where I can find one. Mostly I need help with the revving problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

foton

if it is revving on its own I would say you got something going on with the governor. did you get into that part of the pump?

OP
OP
R

robcat825

if it is revving on its own I would say you got something going on with the governor. did you get into that part of the pump?
I took the governor plate and throttle arm off the top of the pump. Then I took out the part where the injector lines go to change the o ring. That's as far as I went into the pump. I also changed the front seal. Looking down into the pump from the top, I set the governor arm behind the the governor weight assembly and set it on the shaft.

foton

I took the governor plate and throttle arm off the top of the pump. Then I took out the part where the injector lines go to change the o ring. That's as far as I went into the pump. I also changed the front seal. Looking down into the pump from the top, I set the governor arm behind the the governor weight assembly and set it on the shaft.
I do not know how that machine needs the governor set up procedure. sorry

OP
OP
R

robcat825

In case anyone else has this problem, it was the washers inside the drive gear on the nose of the pump. Here's how they go in. Washer with two flat side goes in first. Then the little spring looking washer goes in next. Who would have thought having the washers in wrong could cause so much trouble. I hope this can help someone else out.

Tazza

Staff member
In case anyone else has this problem, it was the washers inside the drive gear on the nose of the pump. Here's how they go in. Washer with two flat side goes in first. Then the little spring looking washer goes in next. Who would have thought having the washers in wrong could cause so much trouble. I hope this can help someone else out.
Glad you managed to figure it out, really shows how precise they are with going back together right.