Bobcat 825 No Right Side Reverse

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Donovan91

Hey Everyone, new to the form!

I just bought a Bobcat 825 that has forward but no reverse on the right side. Ive pulled the pump cover and noticed that the fittings on the side of the drive motors have hydraulic fluid coming out at idle. The left motor has fluid coming out in all positions, the right has fluid coming out in all positions but revers. It whines a little but no movement. Ive swapped the two pressure reliefs from motor to motor and nothing has changed. I believe this means the drive motor is bad, if so can I rebuild or attempt to fix the current motor myself? I saw some numbers stamped on it, 78442 and 70442. Is that a good pump? Are there any other replacement pumps that can bolt in its place? Any direction will be much appreciate.

pgrickly

Hey Everyone, new to the form!

I just bought a Bobcat 825 that has forward but no reverse on the right side. Ive pulled the pump cover and noticed that the fittings on the side of the drive motors have hydraulic fluid coming out at idle. The left motor has fluid coming out in all positions, the right has fluid coming out in all positions but revers. It whines a little but no movement. Ive swapped the two pressure reliefs from motor to motor and nothing has changed. I believe this means the drive motor is bad, if so can I rebuild or attempt to fix the current motor myself? I saw some numbers stamped on it, 78442 and 70442. Is that a good pump? Are there any other replacement pumps that can bolt in its place? Any direction will be much appreciate.
Are you still working on this let me know I have two 825 Bobcats hello I might be able to help you

OP
OP
D

Donovan91

Are you still working on this let me know I have two 825 Bobcats hello I might be able to help you
I am not I figured it out tho, it was a leaking hydraulic line. It was just hard to diagnose since it was under the hydraulic fluid bath.

dancat825

Hi there, I just bought an 825 yesterday and I'm new to the forum. The price was right because it needs a new right side drive motor. I'm told that these are hard to find. I just ordered a service manual for it. Can you recommend a part source where I can get a rebuild kit, refurbished pump or possibly an equivalent replacement pump? Much appreciated.

brdgbldr

Hi there, I just bought an 825 yesterday and I'm new to the forum. The price was right because it needs a new right side drive motor. I'm told that these are hard to find. I just ordered a service manual for it. Can you recommend a part source where I can get a rebuild kit, refurbished pump or possibly an equivalent replacement pump? Much appreciated.
You could try Loader Parts Source. They are a reputable company.