Bobcat 773G Hydraulic Leak

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

clintrobbins

I have a 773G with 890 hours on it. It's had a very slow hydraulic leak for some time but I didn't notice where it was leaking. Recently, it began leaking so fast from under the cab that it leaves a continuous trail of fluid. We lifted the cab looking for the source but didn't see anything, but we only had a few minutes till a rain storm hit. What are some of the most likely causes? And, since I only use it on my property and don't have a trailer, is it likely that it can be repaired in the field?

Tazza

Staff member
I'd start with the main line from the pump to the control block, then the line from the control valve to the oil cooler.
WIth a leak like that, it won't be hard to find when you can get time to have a good look.

OP
OP
C

clintrobbins

I'd start with the main line from the pump to the control block, then the line from the control valve to the oil cooler.
WIth a leak like that, it won't be hard to find when you can get time to have a good look.
Are those lines steel or rubber?

farmshop

Are those lines steel or rubber?
Most are high pressure braided hoses. You may have multiple leaks. I would raise the arms if possible. If they raise do they stay this could point to a leak after the valve body. The pump to valve hose is common. I would also look at the drive motor hoses.

Tazza

Staff member
Most are high pressure braided hoses. You may have multiple leaks. I would raise the arms if possible. If they raise do they stay this could point to a leak after the valve body. The pump to valve hose is common. I would also look at the drive motor hoses.
The only steel lines i can think of are from the control block to the frame where the rubber hoses attach for aux hydraulics, lift and tilt.
As farmshop mentioned, you have multiple leaks. Get the worst fixed, and go from there.

mikweb

I have a 773G with 890 hours on it. It's had a very slow hydraulic leak for some time but I didn't notice where it was leaking. Recently, it began leaking so fast from under the cab that it leaves a continuous trail of fluid. We lifted the cab looking for the source but didn't see anything, but we only had a few minutes till a rain storm hit. What are some of the most likely causes? And, since I only use it on my property and don't have a trailer, is it likely that it can be repaired in the field?
This has happened t o me when trying to operate it in the cold without letting it warm up and thin the hydraulic oil. Had to replace seals.

Bobcatdan

I guess the control vavle itself is leaking if it went from a slow to faster leak. Pump to vavle hose normally blow and pump the hydraulic system empty before you know it is leaking. I have seen a few with pin holes that leaked, but that wouldn't be my first guess. From there it could be a loose drive motor hose fittinf that blew the oring.