Bobcat 773 lift problem.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jasonlarceny

We have a 90's Bobcat 773 only the lift does not operate. The only way we can get it to operate is either the tilt is maxed out in either direction or when the auxiliary is switched on with no attachment and we hit either left or right.

OP
OP
J

Jasonlarceny

Has anyone had this issue before or possibly know what we could try and do to resolve it? Thanks in advance!

Tazza

Staff member
Has anyone had this issue before or possibly know what we could try and do to resolve it? Thanks in advance!
Does the tilt have good power when using it?
I'm wondering if the aux is stuck on, this will hog the available fluid. This could be why it works when a function is dead headed.
Do you have anything you can hook up to the aux connectiors to see if it getting stuck or not?

OP
OP
J

Jasonlarceny

Does the tilt have good power when using it?
I'm wondering if the aux is stuck on, this will hog the available fluid. This could be why it works when a function is dead headed.
Do you have anything you can hook up to the aux connectiors to see if it getting stuck or not?
Tilt works flawless. Also we just got a bucket with grapple hook attachment, hooked it up and the aux powers the grapple no problem..

Tazza

Staff member
Tilt works flawless. Also we just got a bucket with grapple hook attachment, hooked it up and the aux powers the grapple no problem..
It it was sticking on, it would either open or close on it's own, so my theory is out the window.
I don't know what else it could be, there are lock outs, but they wouldn't cause this issue.
Hopefully someone can come up with another idea.

mmsllc

It it was sticking on, it would either open or close on it's own, so my theory is out the window.
I don't know what else it could be, there are lock outs, but they wouldn't cause this issue.
Hopefully someone can come up with another idea.
check your emergency relief valve / red knob beside the seat. make sure it is not pulled up at all.

Tazza

Staff member
We checked the emergency relief valve and it's was working properly.
I'm really out of ideas.
A crack in the valve body could cause operations to lift and fall slowly when other functions are operated, but you aren't getting any movement till you get pressure building up.
The relief valves in the lift section i guess could prevent lifting pressure, but if they were stuck open, it shouldn't lift or if it did, it should fall back down.

mmsllc

I'm really out of ideas.
A crack in the valve body could cause operations to lift and fall slowly when other functions are operated, but you aren't getting any movement till you get pressure building up.
The relief valves in the lift section i guess could prevent lifting pressure, but if they were stuck open, it shouldn't lift or if it did, it should fall back down.
unless someone was working on this issue before you got it & might have messed something up, I would be think that the control valve will need to be removed for either repair or replacement. I'm not sure how long you've had this machine, but that is where I would put my money. If pulling the valve out is not your thing, call or take it to your local bobcat dealership for proper diagnosis. They have most likely seen this sort of problem before & they might even be willing to share their "wisdom" with you!! Let us know when you get it figured out.

7LBSSMALLIE

unless someone was working on this issue before you got it & might have messed something up, I would be think that the control valve will need to be removed for either repair or replacement. I'm not sure how long you've had this machine, but that is where I would put my money. If pulling the valve out is not your thing, call or take it to your local bobcat dealership for proper diagnosis. They have most likely seen this sort of problem before & they might even be willing to share their "wisdom" with you!! Let us know when you get it figured out.
depeding on youre S/n a 773 can have either a LICS = LIFT INTERLOCK SYS OR BICS=BOBCAT INTERLOCK SYS I would suspect lics located rh side2 ft behind control valve and eight inches up. kinda underneat and behind tank. got a solenoid on the end.. check the solenoid