Bobcat 763 losing prime over night?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cmb7684

My machine was giving trouble on inclines where it would run out of fuel even though the tank was full. I changed out the pick up tube in the tank where all is new including the elbow fitting that goes into the tank. Mine was steel they gave me a plastic one to replace it. It fight in tight and the dealer assembled the picj up tube and keepers so that was all ready to go. All I had to do was push the elbow in place secure the parts that makes it expand so it cant come loose and connect the hose going to the prime bulb. I cant get the machine to start so I pump the bulb it cranks up and runs fine. I can shut it down and leave off for a while and it will crank back up no issue. If I leave it sit up for several hours ..say 18 to 24 hours I will have to prime the bulb again before it will start and then once it is going then I can run it as much as I would like. Any ideas why I am losing prime?

farmshop

Did your pick up tube have the check valve on the bottom end? There should be one. Also look at the line from the tank up to the pump any cracks could also cause problems

Tazza

Staff member
Did your pick up tube have the check valve on the bottom end? There should be one. Also look at the line from the tank up to the pump any cracks could also cause problems
The only other thing i can think of is the bleed screw is allowing air in. Is it closed?
When the system is full of fuel, it shouldn't be able to loose prime.....

Latest posts