Bobcat 753 stalling out issues

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

PDL enterprises

Hello everybody I am new at this so I hope I am doing it correctly I have a 2001 bobcat 753 g series it stopped running fo no reason. I turned the key off and recycled it to start but it didn't turn over. I turned the key off but the insrament panel lights kept flashing and beeping even with the key off. I had to disconnect the battery to make it stop. Reconnect the battery it started ran for 5-7 minutes and did the same thing. Any ideas?

Tazza

Staff member
I wonder if the alternator may be over charging, casuing the computer to shut down?

OP
OP
P

PDL enterprises

I wonder if the alternator may be over charging, casuing the computer to shut down?
Since I put this post up it will not start at all now. When I say no start I mean it doesn't turn over. So now what happens I start out with the battery disconnected connect the battery turn the key to the start position all of the lights flash and keep beeping When I turn the key back to the off position all of the lights continue to keep flashing and beeping until I disconnect the battery or pull the 25 amp fuse for the computer. I could pull the alternator and take it into get it tested but at this point I'm thinking maybe not yet seeing as how the symptoms have changed. The temperature gage and the fuel gauge are both pegged out on the full Mark but I was filling it up with fuel when it originally stalled on me so I'm sure the fuel gauge is correct but not sure what is making the temperature gage stay spiked. It seems like there is power going somewhere that it shouldn't be I checked all of my grounds I heard those can be troublesome everything seems to be fine I appreciate the reply but I hope you have more suggestions?

OP
OP
P

PDL enterprises

Since I put this post up it will not start at all now. When I say no start I mean it doesn't turn over. So now what happens I start out with the battery disconnected connect the battery turn the key to the start position all of the lights flash and keep beeping When I turn the key back to the off position all of the lights continue to keep flashing and beeping until I disconnect the battery or pull the 25 amp fuse for the computer. I could pull the alternator and take it into get it tested but at this point I'm thinking maybe not yet seeing as how the symptoms have changed. The temperature gage and the fuel gauge are both pegged out on the full Mark but I was filling it up with fuel when it originally stalled on me so I'm sure the fuel gauge is correct but not sure what is making the temperature gage stay spiked. It seems like there is power going somewhere that it shouldn't be I checked all of my grounds I heard those can be troublesome everything seems to be fine I appreciate the reply but I hope you have more suggestions?
My problem was the bobcat control module under the seat left-hand side as you are sitting in the machine I guess you would say it is kind of the computer. Actual cost of $900 for the module but I have a couple hundred dollars of diagnosis time at my dealership

Tazza

Staff member
My problem was the bobcat control module under the seat left-hand side as you are sitting in the machine I guess you would say it is kind of the computer. Actual cost of $900 for the module but I have a couple hundred dollars of diagnosis time at my dealership
Ouch :(
At least it's now fixed, shame the computers cost so much.