Bobcat 753 Hydraulic problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

stdtyre

Decided to have my machine painted. Shop pressure washed everything. Engine compartment and under seat. Never knew it could look so clean. Paint job went well with a few runs. This is my problem. Lift arms and bucket are not working unless the Aux Hyd. buttons are switched on with both greens lights on. With aux lights on everything works fine. With lights off, engine sounds like its in a strain and bucket and arms try to work. Serial #508617501 I hate to assume anything, but I assume the pressure washer caused this. Any suggestions? Going to replace two hydraulic hoses tomorrow. Painter pointed out two fitting are leaking.

Tazza

Staff member
Glad the paint job looked good.
It's weird that the lift/tilt is locked if you don't have the aux hydraulics on, i have heard of issues like this if the aux is stuck on, but not just enabled so it will work from the thumb switches.
It's possible if they lifted the cab and blasted around the contol block, that a solenoid may have been damaged, or more like the coil to the solenoid. There will be two aux control solenoids and one for lift lock. But again, enabling aux hydraulics does not make fluid move, so it's an odd one.

753newbie

Stdtyre did you ever figure out this issue? I just bought a 753 and mine does the exact same thing. Works perfectly with both aux lights on after hitting switch twice but without it, doesn't want to do anything and sounds like the motor is under strain.