Bobcat 753 Drive Motor Seal Kits

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jason753!

I have a 1992 753 that I need to rebuild the left drive motor. The drive motor is Bobcat# 6657024 Eaton# 137-1001-002 and requires seal kit 665254. My Bobcat dealer has informed me this seal kit is obsolete and that is recommended I replace the motor with Bobcat motor #6681605. This requires a different motor cover and fittings for the left side. About $2500 in parts. My machine is in rough shape and I don't want to invest this much. I have found a place in Minnesota that will sell a refurbished obsolete style motor for $900. I asked if they could identify how they were getting the seal kit but they said they would not share this information. This is my best option so far but I was wondering if anyone knows how to get a seal kit for the old style drive motors in 753 and 751's? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tazza

Staff member
Talk to loader parts source first, they should have a seal kit for it.
I had a motor that had bad orings, cost me $5 in O rings to fix it. The plastic backup rings were not damaged, so i re-used them.
If you look up my profile and send me an email with pictures of the motor opened up, i can tell you if it's the same setup as mine was. If it's just orings, you should be able to fix it real cheap.

oohog

I had a motor that had bad orings, cost me $5 in O rings to fix it. The plastic backup rings were not damaged, so i re-used them.
If you look up my profile and send me an email with pictures of the motor opened up, i can tell you if it's the same setup as mine was. If it's just orings, you should be able to fix it real cheap.
Hi Tazza, I am expecting to see that I will just need to replace O rings, can you advise the sizes and material please.
Thanks
Gavan

oohog

Mine is the same as the one who you responded to, can you advise of O ring sizes and material please.
Thanks
Gavan

TCDZ

I have a 1992 753 that I need to rebuild the left drive motor. The drive motor is Bobcat# 6657024 Eaton# 137-1001-002 and requires seal kit 665254. My Bobcat dealer has informed me this seal kit is obsolete and that is recommended I replace the motor with Bobcat motor #6681605. This requires a different motor cover and fittings for the left side. About $2500 in parts. My machine is in rough shape and I don't want to invest this much. I have found a place in Minnesota that will sell a refurbished obsolete style motor for $900. I asked if they could identify how they were getting the seal kit but they said they would not share this information. This is my best option so far but I was wondering if anyone knows how to get a seal kit for the old style drive motors in 753 and 751's? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Can you PLEASE tell me the place in Minnisota you referenced in your post.
I have spent uncountable hours looking for this moter.
Thank you,
TZ

KyMadMan

Do you need kit # 6652545 or 665254? I purchased the 6652545 from Bobcat Online a few months ago. Mine are tagged Melroe 6657034 with 21 91 in the top right corner of the tag. Hope this helps. Cost was $355.08 shipped.

Latest posts