Bobcat 753 C BICS problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mlewis

Question I have a 753c serial number 512724659 Bobcat that has the BICS controller that will just loose power and lock the brakes and all hydraulics I have replaced the computer which is on the left side under seat behind foot which I know has nothing to do with this. And wiring harness from the bics controller all the way to the bar replace all the fuses I have also replaced all the relays I also put a inline fuse for the BICS controller at the fuse box on today for the main power. Also the brake solenoid is new I also have checked the BICS wiring and I believe the orange wire going into it is the power but have not been able to find the wiring diagram for this but it seems like that is it but when the power shuts off the orange wire still has power on it. I've checked the power at the alternator and while it's running I'm getting a steady 14.6 and the alternator is new. not sure we're to go from here and my gut is getting sore from it locking down any thoughts or were to go from here? Also notice today that when the power goes out ont the controller I still have power on the orange wire ???

reaperman

Have you looked at the seat sensor, that was an issue from the beginning? Bobcat issued a fix for the problem not long after production. There were plenty of machines that seemed to slip thru the cracks and never got fixed. I can't remember off hand, but I believe it was some kind of a bypass system that takes care of the issue. Good luck.

OP
OP
M

Mlewis

Ya it's a green button on the left side below the key and it bypasses the seat and other controls it has this on it and works but doesn't take care of the loss power on the BICS

SkidRoe

Sounds like it could be a problem within the controller itself... bad solder joint?? Could you rig up your multimeter to monitor the BICS power while you are operating the machine to see if it drops out when you lose power to the BICS?

OP
OP
M

Mlewis

So I have an update after many gut wrenching and many hours of brain cells being burned up I believe I have the answer. I tried wiring directly from the battery to the BICS controller with a inline fuse and drove the equipment down the driveway and back and just about to park it and the power went out so I shut the key off and the power stayed off of the controller then it came on for a second then shut back off for another few seconds. Talked with the Bobcat tech he said that was a good test I had bypass the relays and the key switch and everything else and proved that yes it was the BICS controller!!! So I went this morning and bought a new one and installed it and ran it over a hour and no problems!!!!! Could not go with out 5min or less before so I believe we have the solution I will keep you posted but fingers crossed.