Bobcat 751 My temperature gauge is not working

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

hookhalligan

My temperature gauge is not working. Not sure what it could be if it's the gauge itself or descending unit any suggestions? it's a 1998 bobcat 751 Kabota engine.
thank you,

brdgbldr

My temperature gauge is not working. Not sure what it could be if it's the gauge itself or descending unit any suggestions? it's a 1998 bobcat 751 Kabota engine.
thank you,
You need to test if you are getting power to the gage and the sensor. Make sure to check all of your fuses.

You need to test the current going though the sensor. Check it before warming up the engine and again after.

You can also test the gage itself by applying voltage from a 9 volt battery.

foton

remember the other half of the circuit, the ground , it is just as important as the hot with out it it is a open circuit. but it is most likely the sending unit that pukes before anything else. if you know how to read a ohm meter you can disconnect the wire to the sender and put the meter to ground and the post that the wire came from and I would think the max you should read is around 300 ohms or less depending on how much fuel is in the tank. If it has no reading it is bad.(open)

Latest posts