bobcat 751 C series

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Philngruvy

The dip stick handle, for my 751C with Peugeot engine, broke off the metal stick and I would either like to find a replacement or tack weld a washer to it at the proper location where the dip stick stops when checking the oil level. However, I do not know the length from the bottom of the stick to where the stop should be. Could someone help me out with this dimension? Thanks, Ron

craigb93

Best option is to change the oil and filter, fill with shop manual capacity of oil, run it a minute, shut it off. Wait a few minutes and read whatever stick you have at the full mark and repair to match. -Dick Level tractor location of course.

flyerdan

Best option is to change the oil and filter, fill with shop manual capacity of oil, run it a minute, shut it off. Wait a few minutes and read whatever stick you have at the full mark and repair to match. -Dick Level tractor location of course.
Doing the change and fill as described above is probably the quickest way to get a makeshift dipstick calibrated, since Bobcat only used this engine for a short time, and most have been retrofitted to the Kubota.
The XUD9 was used in the Peugeot 309, and there is a dipstick on ebay , which might be excessively high on shipping, but also lists other cars it was used on for Rock Auto searches.