bobcat 743 pump and drive motor

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cmb7684

I'm looking for a working pump and drive motor. My pump is a vickers and sperry from the early 80's it doesn't have the block on top of the motor at the front. Where some pumps from that model have the block, mine has a hose that runs to the side of the machine.

The drive motor is the type that the shaft wobbles or moves im told is called a wobble shaft.

brdgbldr

This company may have what you are looking for: https://loaderpartssource.com/
They sell rebuilds.

This place: https://www.tractorpartsasap.com/
sells used stuff with a warranty.

I have a couple of used 743 drive motors I could sell but I do not know what serial number machines they fit. I think there were only two different styles used in the 743. I took them from a guy that said they worked fine before removing them but I have not tested them and they have sat in my shop for about 10 years. I was actually thinking about selling them to Loader Parts Source. They are very heavy and expensive to ship. Not sure how I would crate them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cmb7684

It's easier just to post here.

I have checked my serial number on bobcat parts but I'm a little unsure. My bobcat has an M in the middle of the serial number stamp and if I enter it as stamped it comes up invalid. If I delete the M it shows parts for it but im not sure that is correct. I can try to identify the drive motor that's in it to see if there is a way to compare. If you have them on a table and move the shaft if will moves back and forth or side to side. Assuming yours are the same how much you selling them for?

brdgbldr

It's easier just to post here.

I have checked my serial number on bobcat parts but I'm a little unsure. My bobcat has an M in the middle of the serial number stamp and if I enter it as stamped it comes up invalid. If I delete the M it shows parts for it but im not sure that is correct. I can try to identify the drive motor that's in it to see if there is a way to compare. If you have them on a table and move the shaft if will moves back and forth or side to side. Assuming yours are the same how much you selling them for?
After looking, I think I have both styles of motors. The older 743 motors have the hose connections at a diagonal and the raised part around the shaft looks like a clover. The newer motors the connections are in-line and there is a +- 1/4" ring around the shaft.
I'm pretty sure that both have the "wobble" shaft

The newer motors that I have were off of a 753 but It looks like they were also used in the later model 743's. I'd have to try and do more research.

I would do $900 plus shipping for the pair of the old style motors. That is if I can figure out how to package them up for shipping. They weigh about 50 lbs each.