Bobcat 743 boom and tilt work but no drive

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cmb7684

I am just getting back to my old 743 to bring life back to it. The machine engine (V1702) runs great so other than a paint job, a few hoses and this drive motor / hydraulic issue the machine is solid.

My pump is a vickers and sperry from the early 80's. It doesnt have the block on top of the motor at the front. Where some pumps from that model have the block, mine has a hose that runs to the side of the machine. I cant find a part number or stamp on the pump but I think the part number Vickers 451809 - Order 6648980 are other numbers i found that may or may not be right are: 6630535 and remann 6630535REM. The drive motors I was told are the wobble style shafts.

Originally when this issue first started when pushing the levers to move the machine there would be a screech but it would move ok. I eventually noticed the screech noise get louder and one side was faster than the other. This eventually lead to power on one drive and not the other until ultimately neither drive had any power. The bucket tilt and boom lift work fine and no screech noise when engaged.

Usually this could be the filter in the pump under the block on some that I saw but mine doesnt have that set up. Does anyone know if this filter is located somewhere else on this pump or what controls the drive that is separate from the boom and tilt?

Latest posts