bobcat 743 bent hydro shaft help??

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

lloyd89

i have a 743 bobat, just got not to long ago and the key broke on the coupler that goes on the shaft right behind the motor. i pulled it apart and noticed that my shaft is bent. i have the motor out right now but need to know what is involved to get this shaft out? do i pull the whole pump assembly? or can i get the shaft out somehow with everything still in the bobcat? any help is greatly appreciated as its sitting in my garage in pieces lol. thanks in advance

antfarmer2

Replace the ujoints and seal from loadersourceparts.com while your at it I think you might be able to do it with out pulling but look up Tazza he will know for sure

Tazza

Staff member
Replace the ujoints and seal from loadersourceparts.com while your at it I think you might be able to do it with out pulling but look up Tazza he will know for sure
You're talking about the splined shaft at the back of the pump? You remove a bolt and use a puller to remove the splined coupler.
If this is the shaft you are talking about, the rear pump needs dismantling to get it out.

OP
OP
L

lloyd89

You're talking about the splined shaft at the back of the pump? You remove a bolt and use a puller to remove the splined coupler.
If this is the shaft you are talking about, the rear pump needs dismantling to get it out.
Yeah that's the one I'm talking about. I have the coupler off but didn't know if I could just pull the end off to get that shaft out or if the whole setup had to come out of the machine.

antfarmer2

Yeah that's the one I'm talking about. I have the coupler off but didn't know if I could just pull the end off to get that shaft out or if the whole setup had to come out of the machine.
Tazza has his email on his profile order parts and ask direct