Bobcat 742 temp sender and coolant flush

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

afrattalone

A couple months ago I got a 1990 Bobcat 742 gas/ford with low hours and it runs well but was overdue for a bunch of maintenance. I have done all the maintenance except for one. The last thing I want to do is flush the coolant and put new in. Also the temperature gauge I don't think it works or perhaps it just takes a long time to heat up. I put a new gauge on but that didn't help. Anyone know where I find the temp sender plug on this? I read somewhere that is where to drain the coolant from but I can't seem to find it. Do you recommend I just put in a new temp sender when I do this - they are only about 20 bucks i think. Thanks in advance! Tony

brdgbldr

If I remember correctly it is on the right side of the engine block.
Go to the parts catalog:

Enter your serial number and then search "temperature".
Look for the "switch, engine temperature" on the engine electrical circuitry schematic, It should be number 19 unless your serial number says different, and it will show you a general idea of where it is.

I think Bobcat still sells these. Bobcat part number 6630821, just make sure this matches your serial number.

OP
OP
A

afrattalone

thanks i appreciate it. i think i found it. i'll try removing the switch and drain the fluid and then test the switch with a tester and some hot water and replace it if it looks bad.