Bobcat 742 lift arms not working

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pimpenstang

My lift arms quit working everything else works fine but lift arms won't go up no noise when you push pedal and feels like nothing is there when pushing pedal moves freely but when you push the pedal in the down position it drags the motor down like it is still trying to go down

Wayne440

If you are asking for advice regarding where to start-if my 742 did that, I would start at the pedal and work toward the control valve. The linkage is not complicated.

OP
OP
P

pimpenstang

The linkage is working fine moves the valve in and out I think it's in the control valve it is leaking on the back side very bottom circle I pushed the pedal toe down a couple of times then when heel down and it went up really slowly reved all the way up but only did it once now won't go up

wings5j

Make sure to check the safety valve that is depressed when you pull the safety bar down. I had to replace the springs and caps on mine once.

brdgbldr

Make sure to check the safety valve that is depressed when you pull the safety bar down. I had to replace the springs and caps on mine once.
You could check the safety by simply pushing down on it with your hand while operating the foot peddle. Those plastic caps do wear down.

Dadosix

fwiw - I had similar on my 643.

Bought it from my BIL who said bucket would not tilt forward. Scoop was OK, Up & Down OK.

The spool was hung up in the "bonnet" on the back of the control valve.

Linkage appeared to move, but not enough to get the fluid moving.

Your lift spool should be the top one, Tilt / Scoop = center, Aux Hyd = bottom.

After getting the bonnet bolts loose, the Tilt / scoop would not let the aluminum bonnet come off.

Took the pins out of the front of the spool. ( My - what a treat! ) and soaked the whole mess in some solvent.

Had to drive the bonnet off the blind end of the spool and it was all corroded inside the bonnet.

New seals, cleaned up bonnet, order a new bonnet from BC parts, back together and working.

Waiting for a chance to need to swap that bonnet.

BTW - I did not remove the valve body from the machine. Did it from the back, which probably made it harder, but I did not have the wrenches needed to remove the lines from the valve.

Hope you find the reason on yours!

Jerry01314

My lift arms quit working everything else works fine but lift arms won't go up no noise when you push pedal and feels like nothing is there when pushing pedal moves freely but when you push the pedal in the down position it drags the motor down like it is still trying to go down

You have to pull the steering arms back towards your legs. If you push them out they will lock the bucket.