bobcat 645 leaking from seals

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Dr_doAbit

Hello, I am Vincent and i am from the Netherlands (a small country near Amsterdam) I am totally new to skidstears or bigger equipment and hydraulics, but i know my way around with a wrench and i have been reading a lot on this forum and more. I have bought myself a new toy, a Bobcat 645. This bobcat has some problems (i bought it that way) with leaking a lot of Hydraulic fluid. Yesterday it was delivered to me and the first thing i dis was to put some new fluid in it, it drives and does everything it supposed to do i gues but it looses also a lot of hydraulic oil. The guy who sold it to me said the last owner had problems with the u joint between the engine and the hydraulic pump/shaft. When they repaired it, they didnt have a seal and they build the engine back and tried to make use of it again, but the leaking was getting worse and the costs to replace the seal was too high for him. I was told to me it was the shaft seal between the engine and the hydraulic pump. Today i took out the engine and to my suprise it is another seal what is causing the leaking, the pintle seal for the left drive pump. Where can i get such a seal and what do they normally cost. Is it hard to change this seal out ? Whit this seal leaking, is there more damage i need to take into account or ,... ? And what about the shaft seal of the pump ? It looks okay but is it a good thing to change it out now the engine is out ? i have a link to my webserver with a video and a picture of what i have seen. http://www.zeroflex.nl with kind regards, Vincent

bobcat743b

Go onto the net and type in bobcat. go to there web page and you can get into there site and call up the diaghrams for your machine. don't know if you have any bobcat places where your at. I am not familiar with your model at all. seals I think usually will run 20/30 bucks. the diaghram will also tell you if it rides on a collar or not. personally if I had to remove any seal to fix it I would replace it. hardest part most times is just getting to it. I live on Missouri and have a bobcat dealer 35 miles from me. I have called them a few tmes and they really have helped me. . don't know what your cost would be. good luck

OP
OP
D

Dr_doAbit

Go onto the net and type in bobcat. go to there web page and you can get into there site and call up the diaghrams for your machine. don't know if you have any bobcat places where your at. I am not familiar with your model at all. seals I think usually will run 20/30 bucks. the diaghram will also tell you if it rides on a collar or not. personally if I had to remove any seal to fix it I would replace it. hardest part most times is just getting to it. I live on Missouri and have a bobcat dealer 35 miles from me. I have called them a few tmes and they really have helped me. . don't know what your cost would be. good luck
Ok thx,
I got the pintle cover seal (90 euro's ex postage) and got a replacement o-ring. The strange thing is, i cant see where the seal is bad, nothing obvious to the eye. I cleared out the mess with the engine out, gave it a nice white paint job (just the engine compartmen) en now i am fitting everything into place. does anyone know perhaps where to get the harness connectors, they are pretty corroded and i want to change them out (the ones beside the tandem/hydraustatic pump).

oracle_of_ferndale

Ok thx,
I got the pintle cover seal (90 euro's ex postage) and got a replacement o-ring. The strange thing is, i cant see where the seal is bad, nothing obvious to the eye. I cleared out the mess with the engine out, gave it a nice white paint job (just the engine compartmen) en now i am fitting everything into place. does anyone know perhaps where to get the harness connectors, they are pretty corroded and i want to change them out (the ones beside the tandem/hydraustatic pump).
Loader Parts Source has wiring harnesses for some models: https://www.loaderpartssource.com/

[email protected]

Loader Parts Source has wiring harnesses for some models: https://www.loaderpartssource.com/
not sure about the connectors, they are most likely automotive connectors, and as long as you replace both sides of the connector you can use any style. by the way, did you replace the u-joint while you have the engine out?