Bobcat 642b timing belt help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Ashippunbobcat

Hoping I can get some insight on my 642b with a Mitsubishi engine. I blew the timing belt just as I was parking it last Sunday. Got the belt on and finding the timing marks in the engine side is not super visible as it's a bit rough. Didn't help that we were doing it with a flash light last night. Hoping someone would have a shop manual on this model that could help shed some light on the installation and proper timing marks. Got it on last night and it turns the engine, but no spark at all. Tried 180 and nothing helped. This is the first time I have done a timing belt so any info will be much appreciated. Thanks for any help! This forum has been very helpful since I bought this unit 8 years ago.

Tazza

Staff member
Sadly i don't know what engine model you have, but if you can work it out, you can talk to an auto parts store, them yah have timing data that you can use?
I'd have thought there would be markings on the crank and cam gears to line up, even on a rouch old engine, these markings should still be visible.
I haven't done many timing belts, but every one i did, there was a mark somewhere to line the gears up with, then install the belt so that these marks stay lined up.
Even with the timing off, you should still get a spark though, it may be out, but it should be there all the same.

Djamsa

Did you ever get the timing marks figured out. I'm working on one now and can't find a timing mark on the crankshaft pulley