Bobcat 632

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

digger3700

I just purchased a Bobcat 632 to use around the farm, I have never owned or even operated one befor so this is all new to me, I have a couple of questions and welcome any advice you might have for me, first the thing feels like it is going to upset backwards when i,m going up hill(ft wheels come off ground sometimes) second there is a pedel in the center that doesnt seem to do anything, what is that for?? thanks-----Digger

500K_773

Welcome digger3700,
Glad you found the site and to hear from a new owner. I bet you are having the backward tipping tendacy when going up hill with no weight in the bucket or on the forks. The skidsteers are designed with more weight in the rear to allow enough counterweight to lift heavy loads. It is best to go uphill backwards, or at the very least with a load. If you have an owners or operators manual you can get some good safety tips there, otherwise everyone here would be glad to answer your questions. I always back my skidsteer on trailer because of this tipping.
I will try find out about the third pedal, my father-in-law has a 610. Could the third pedal control any auxilary hydraulics? Do you have some hydraulic line fittings on the front loader arms?

OP
OP
D

digger3700

Welcome digger3700,
Glad you found the site and to hear from a new owner. I bet you are having the backward tipping tendacy when going up hill with no weight in the bucket or on the forks. The skidsteers are designed with more weight in the rear to allow enough counterweight to lift heavy loads. It is best to go uphill backwards, or at the very least with a load. If you have an owners or operators manual you can get some good safety tips there, otherwise everyone here would be glad to answer your questions. I always back my skidsteer on trailer because of this tipping.
I will try find out about the third pedal, my father-in-law has a 610. Could the third pedal control any auxilary hydraulics? Do you have some hydraulic line fittings on the front loader arms?
Thanks for the reply 500K_773 Yes It does seem a little tippy with the bucket empty, thanks for the advice on loading. yes there are a couple of hydraulic lines, on the left lift arm, I assume they are auxilary lines they are capped at the ends. the third pedal is on a hump between the right and left foot pedals and is pretty wide, I guess thats what its for . Thanks for all the help Digger

StuZ

Thanks for the reply 500K_773 Yes It does seem a little tippy with the bucket empty, thanks for the advice on loading. yes there are a couple of hydraulic lines, on the left lift arm, I assume they are auxilary lines they are capped at the ends. the third pedal is on a hump between the right and left foot pedals and is pretty wide, I guess thats what its for . Thanks for all the help Digger
The middle pedal is for the parking brake. Doesn't sound like it works eh ?? The aux front hyd. are controled by the right hydro handle pulling or pushing it side to side

500K_773

The middle pedal is for the parking brake. Doesn't sound like it works eh ?? The aux front hyd. are controled by the right hydro handle pulling or pushing it side to side
Digger3700 & StuZ
I spoke with my father-in-law and he said his 610 middle pedal is for auxillary hydraulics and no parking brake on his machine. He used to be a mechanic for a Melroe dealer and remembers the 632 also having the auxiliary hydraulics controlled by the middle pedal. I believe I remember my old 753 having the parking brake in the center between the foot pedals. Now you got both of us wondering what it actually was in the 632.
StuZ do you know for certain it is a parking brake, or Digger3700 have you been able to determine what it is for?

OP
OP
D

digger3700

Digger3700 & StuZ
I spoke with my father-in-law and he said his 610 middle pedal is for auxillary hydraulics and no parking brake on his machine. He used to be a mechanic for a Melroe dealer and remembers the 632 also having the auxiliary hydraulics controlled by the middle pedal. I believe I remember my old 753 having the parking brake in the center between the foot pedals. Now you got both of us wondering what it actually was in the 632.
StuZ do you know for certain it is a parking brake, or Digger3700 have you been able to determine what it is for?
Thanks guys for all the input !! I have found out that the middle pedal is a brake and the right joystick is used to control the aux hydraulics by removing a bolt. After using this machine for a while now, I dont know how I ever got along without one. Thanks again Digger

500K_773

Thanks guys for all the input !! I have found out that the middle pedal is a brake and the right joystick is used to control the aux hydraulics by removing a bolt. After using this machine for a while now, I dont know how I ever got along without one. Thanks again Digger
Glad to hear back from you. I'll tell my father-in-law that 632 did have a parking brake. I think all of us cannot get along without our machines either.