Bobcat 632

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jeep1

Trying to find 2 Ross-Mae drive motors for a 632 Bobcat skid steer. The machine and motor are in good shape, has like new tires but the motors are wore out. Any help would be appreciated.

cdmccul

I'm going to go visit a local salvage yard for some 632 parts of my own. I'll ask about motors. :)

OP
OP
J

jeep1

I would appreciate that. Where are you located? I'm in eastern South Dakota.

cdmccul

Not sure when I'm headed there... It's all outdoors of course - getting to the machines may take till May. :D

OP
OP
J

jeep1

Is that salvage yard you're going to visit, good size? I'm going to have to do some research on what models used the same motors. The Model 632 motors are serial number specific. They put 3 different motors in them. I would like to find 2 motors out of the same machine, that way the wear would be even.

cdmccul

As far as general farm machinery, it's not small... But I don't know what he's got for skidders. He's got lots of smaller/medium tractors. He stocks mostly "rust".

But come a little bit of thaw, and I'll hit him up, unless I find myself out there sooner.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230109_180039_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20230109_180039_Maps.jpg
    762.1 KB · Views: 74

cdmccul

Looking for 6555060, the panel that fills the bottom of the door opening. Bobcat calls it a "sheet" but often called "door shield" or "threshold". It was an optional piece that came with the door kits most commonly.

Thanks!

DakotaSkid

Jeep 1

I think the drive motors just went out on my 632. The joysticks are both very loose and the machine was very easy to push.

I am also in eastern south dakota.

I am just looking for a verification that is what is wrong with mine. I don't know much about these machines, but it was growling quite a before the drive stopped.

Oh, and the bucket lifts and tilts fine.

Any ideas?

OP
OP
J

jeep1

I don't think the drive motors would go out just like that. I'm no bobcat expert, but sounds like low on oil or the pump went out. My motors were working okay they are so wore out that they were leaking internally and pushing the seals out around the shaft. If it was mine, I would check your oil level and if okay then change the hydraulic oil filter. And there is a bronze filter in the pump that could be plugged. The growling sounds to me like the pump is starving for oil. Hope this helps. Let me know what you find out. Wish you luck.

cdmccul

He did just change his filters.

I think there's air trapped. I'd lift it off the ground and run it a long time. I've seen other members have to do that after draining the oil. The new oil will foam, and you have to work the air out a little at a time.

So, you lift it and run it for 5 min in forward. Then shut it off and let it sit for a. Hour or oven night. Then run it reverse for 5 min the next morning, then wait till evening and try it again...

The process was something like that anyway. Wait for others to chime in.

Jeep - have you thought about just pulling the drives apart and replacing the seals and backing rings?

OP
OP
J

jeep1

Yup! Did the one but keeps blowing the seal out. Glued the last one in, then it blew the rubber right out of the seal. Took to hydraulic shop, they said they are just to wore out to rebuild.