Bobcat 632

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

qtband

I'm looking at this machine to purchase. The owner wants $3400. I'd like opinions please. Here is what the ad says... "Bobcat 632. Ford 4cyl gas engine. Runs great, new carb. Many new hydrolic lines, Solid tires. Also has auxiliary hydrolics. Machine has an issue with it driving/turning. I'm thinking either parking brake needs adjusted, levers need adjusted or a filter in the valve body is clogged. I dont believe the pumps to be bad. Fresh bobcat hydrolic fluid and main filter. Also needs a seat and wiring cleaned up. No bucket. It's a somewhat a project. Great cheap farm machine. With some TLC it could be a nice unit."

HanSolo

The solid tires would be a deal killer for me. That's going to rob performance and with only 30 hp you'll need all that machine has. I looked at the 632 for my third Bobcat but was glad I waited for a deal on a 743. Diesel engine and greater capacity. Not having a bucket is a killer also unless you've already got one. It's pretty hard to find decent used buckets for the smaller machines.

OP
OP
qtband

qtband

The solid tires would be a deal killer for me. That's going to rob performance and with only 30 hp you'll need all that machine has. I looked at the 632 for my third Bobcat but was glad I waited for a deal on a 743. Diesel engine and greater capacity. Not having a bucket is a killer also unless you've already got one. It's pretty hard to find decent used buckets for the smaller machines.
Thanks for the info!!

Hotrod1830

Thanks for the info!!
632 isnt a bad machine for home or farm use. They are a bit under powered compared to a diesel model of simular size, but they can get the job done.
Problems turning or driving usually mean drive pump or drive motor problems. If it were an easy fix, it would be fixed already and selling for top dollar........ plan on spending a couple grand for the hydro fix IF your doing the work yourself. Double that if you have to pay a shop. usually parts alone to repair one side drive pump is around $1k+/- your cost. It adds up fast.
New buckets arent that expensive. A search around ebay , craigslist or facebook marketplace will yield plenty of new smooth buckets in the 500-800 range. a little more for teeth. That machine uses the same quick tach as the newer machines, so buckets arent a problem.
solid tires arent that bad as long as there is plenty of tread left. If they need replaced, you will have to replace the entire wheel and tire, and probably as a set of 4.

Hotrod1830

632 isnt a bad machine for home or farm use. They are a bit under powered compared to a diesel model of simular size, but they can get the job done.
Problems turning or driving usually mean drive pump or drive motor problems. If it were an easy fix, it would be fixed already and selling for top dollar........ plan on spending a couple grand for the hydro fix IF your doing the work yourself. Double that if you have to pay a shop. usually parts alone to repair one side drive pump is around $1k+/- your cost. It adds up fast.
New buckets arent that expensive. A search around ebay , craigslist or facebook marketplace will yield plenty of new smooth buckets in the 500-800 range. a little more for teeth. That machine uses the same quick tach as the newer machines, so buckets arent a problem.
solid tires arent that bad as long as there is plenty of tread left. If they need replaced, you will have to replace the entire wheel and tire, and probably as a set of 4.
hit the send button before I was done.......
wiring can be easy, or it can be a nightmare. just keep that in mind when asking what kind of wiring problems it has.
Around here, older fixer uppers go for around $1500-2500. If its still running and moving it will go towards the top, but keep repair costs and finished value in mind when making a offer. Dont be afraid to mention the fact you could very well have $2500 in fixing it and its value is probably in the 4-5k range properly running without bucket. start the low balling at 1500

caleb

Hello,
My 632 won't start. I have replaced the coil and distributor, spark plugs and the carburetor. It has spark and a fresh battery. I think it may be that the carb needs to be adjusted. It as a zenith. It turns over fine but can't quite get enough to start. It has gas pumping to the carburetor. Spraying starter fluid doesn't help. Does anyone have a picture of what the linkage at the choke looks like and what the linkage at the governor and throttle looks like. It has fresh gas and I got it to start 3 times recently. The first two were right after I got the timing order right on the plugs. Any thoughts?

cdmccul

If it won't start on starting fluid sprayed directly into the carb inlet by the choke plate, then you have something in ignition going wrong... Or REALLY low compression. Or the timing is off.

Check the plugs, see if you've fouled (wet, or mechanically damaged) them.

Check the distributor timing - did you lock it down or could it have wandered? Did you install NEW, or used, or rebuilt?

What's the dry compression on each cylinder? Wet compression?

AFTER that, then yes you may have carb issues. I'd be happy to help you through them.

I'll get you pictures when it's light out. What's your serial number?

caleb

If it won't start on starting fluid sprayed directly into the carb inlet by the choke plate, then you have something in ignition going wrong... Or REALLY low compression. Or the timing is off.

Check the plugs, see if you've fouled (wet, or mechanically damaged) them.

Check the distributor timing - did you lock it down or could it have wandered? Did you install NEW, or used, or rebuilt?

What's the dry compression on each cylinder? Wet compression?

AFTER that, then yes you may have carb issues. I'd be happy to help you through them.

I'll get you pictures when it's light out. What's your serial number?
I turned the distributor and it started. I guess I was timing.

cdmccul

Awesome! Did you still need pictures?

I totally forgot you were in need of them.