bobcat 632 with weak left side reverse

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

happy632

Hello I just bought a bobcat 632 that had a bad coupler. I fixed that and everything started to work, But the left side reverse is very lazy. When I move the sticks forward both sides move and have power (Right side has a little more). The if I want to make a left turn and I pull back on the left stick the thing kind of freewheels if I go all the way back into reverse the thing kind of makes a hyrostatic going through a relife valve noise. This unit has 3400 hr on it and I know nothing about its history. it was soposed to come with a manual but the guy could not find it. Please help me. I would like to jet some work done with it.

Tazza

Staff member
Its odd that its only reverse that is a problem. It could indeed be the high pressure valve thats causing the problem. These are located behind bolts on the side of the pump, i'd just not 100% sure what side is what but i think its the side the steering linkages go to. That makes things even harder.
Freewheeling, what do you mean by that, do the sticks shake? or do they feel like they are not connected to anything?
It could be a filter problem if the sticks fight you and the machine makes a squealing noise.

sterlclan

Its odd that its only reverse that is a problem. It could indeed be the high pressure valve thats causing the problem. These are located behind bolts on the side of the pump, i'd just not 100% sure what side is what but i think its the side the steering linkages go to. That makes things even harder.
Freewheeling, what do you mean by that, do the sticks shake? or do they feel like they are not connected to anything?
It could be a filter problem if the sticks fight you and the machine makes a squealing noise.
the first thing I would do is clean or replace the return filter in the port block, its on top of the hydraulic pump, the block has 3 hoses in the left side looking from the top the middle one has a bronze filter behind the fitting these can be cleaned in diesel or kerosene but don't cost much from bobcat if that doesn't help sounds like replenishing valves like Tazza said.Good luck and welcome to the forum..Jeff

OP
OP
H

happy632

the first thing I would do is clean or replace the return filter in the port block, its on top of the hydraulic pump, the block has 3 hoses in the left side looking from the top the middle one has a bronze filter behind the fitting these can be cleaned in diesel or kerosene but don't cost much from bobcat if that doesn't help sounds like replenishing valves like Tazza said.Good luck and welcome to the forum..Jeff
Thank you for your help I will try and clean the filter that you talked about. As for the stick. The left side will give a little shake if it is loaded hard. I will let you know what I find. Cory

Tazza

Staff member
Thank you for your help I will try and clean the filter that you talked about. As for the stick. The left side will give a little shake if it is loaded hard. I will let you know what I find. Cory
A little shaking or resistance under load is normal.