Bobcat 632 pump shaft seal

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Judah

So I am replacing the hydraulic pump shaft seal by removing the motor and taking off the spline. Everything was going smoothly until I tapped the new seal too far onto the shaft. Now there is about a 3/16" gap between the seal and the snap ring which should be holding it in place. The only way I could get the old seal out was to drive a couple screws into it that I could get a pliers on. Does anyone have a suggestion for how a can pull back the new seal to where it should be? Or maybe it's ok as is and the pressure from the hydrostatic system will push it back to where it needs to be? Thanks.

Attachments

• 2C8F8372-F6D6-4857-9BC9-5A3361936AC5.jpeg
    2C8F8372-F6D6-4857-9BC9-5A3361936AC5.jpeg
    307 KB · Views: 56

cdmccul

As long as you have enough shaft, placement of the seal shouldn't matter. May seal better now because you're on an unused section of the shaft.

I don't THINK it will hurt.

OP
OP
J

Judah

As long as you have enough shaft, placement of the seal shouldn't matter. May seal better now because you're on an unused section of the shaft.

I don't THINK it will hurt.
Ok yeah I was trying to think of why it might be a problem and couldn't really come up with anything so hopefully you're right and it WONT be an issue. Thanks

Latest posts