Bobcat 632 hydro pump removal

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

athacles

Just picked up a new to me 632. Ran good and got it for a good price. I started to go through it and was checking the oil level in the chain case and had about 6 gallons come out. I was able to find on here that it is drive motors that are leaking in the case. I am going to check the bronze filter first just to see how bad it is. My question is what needs to be done to take the motors out? In the manual is says you have to cut the chains to get the motor out and a special tool to take the brake off. In other forums on here it says you unbolt them and take out. Just seeing if anyone else has experience with the 632 and removing the pumps. Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
I know the 73x series just took 4 bolts to remove the motors, but i'm not sure on the 63x series. The bad seal will be on the gear box, not the motor it's self if you have the style that takes 4 bolts and has like a dog bone looking shaft that wobbles around.
Some of the lower numbers had motors that mounted to the chain case but has a solid shaft with a sprocket on the inside of the chain case that needs to come off.
Hopefully someone that has done it will have an answer for you.

bobman

Hello articles Maybe this can help you further, Even repairing a bobcat 631, 631 is a diesel engine, and 632 is a gasoline, it is partially separated, it is known to me the only thing different. If you want to check if the hydraulic motor can rotate, this can be done with compressed air down in hoses, lift the side you want to check so that the wheels are free of floor, here only remove the 2 hoses that go down to hydraulic motor or down on the hydraulic motor, the chain and wheels run around the raised side. And thus you can also check if there is a leak in hydraulic motor with hydraulic fluid in hoses and hydraulic motor, by closing one hose and the air pressure on the other hose, the air pressure is approx. 100 psi, I think there is more pressure in the hydraulic system when the bobcat is running. Inside the chain housing there is a joint link so that the chain can be removed There are 4 bolts inside the chain housing and nuts outside, if you let the bolts sit then the chain stays in place at engine dismantling The capacity of the chain housing is 5 liters (19 liters) Hope you can use this for something