bobcat 632 electrical problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

glassblow1

when I turn the key it blows the fuse (the one up by the key). When I cross the starter, it will spin, but not engage. Any ideas on where to start? Thanks Justin

SkidRoe

Sounds like you have a short to ground somewhere in system. Thankfully, your machine is old enough that it should have a fairly straight forward electrical system.
Did this problem start when you went to use the machine one day, or did the machine die while you were using it?
Do you have a manual with a wiring diagram? If not, OldMachinist should be able to help you get one. Send him an e-mail.
I would start by doing a complete ispection of the harness, looking for cuts and chafes.
If that turns up nothing, start eliminating possible problem circuits.
The fact that your starter spins and does not engage is curious. I would maybe start there.
The culprit has to be something controlled by the ignition switch i.e. the ignition it self, the lighting circuit, an electric fuel pump (if fitted), interlock soleniods (if fitted), etc.
Hope this helps,
SR

OP
OP
G

glassblow1

Sounds like you have a short to ground somewhere in system. Thankfully, your machine is old enough that it should have a fairly straight forward electrical system.
Did this problem start when you went to use the machine one day, or did the machine die while you were using it?
Do you have a manual with a wiring diagram? If not, OldMachinist should be able to help you get one. Send him an e-mail.
I would start by doing a complete ispection of the harness, looking for cuts and chafes.
If that turns up nothing, start eliminating possible problem circuits.
The fact that your starter spins and does not engage is curious. I would maybe start there.
The culprit has to be something controlled by the ignition switch i.e. the ignition it self, the lighting circuit, an electric fuel pump (if fitted), interlock soleniods (if fitted), etc.
Hope this helps,
SR
thanks for the reply, went through the whole wiring system and cleaned harnesses/tightend connections. Didn't find anything really in bad shape, so I tried again and everything works again. Not sure what was wrong (maybe just needed to rest for a day :) Thanks again Justin

SkidRoe

thanks for the reply, went through the whole wiring system and cleaned harnesses/tightend connections. Didn't find anything really in bad shape, so I tried again and everything works again. Not sure what was wrong (maybe just needed to rest for a day :) Thanks again Justin
Good, glad to hear you are up and running again.
Let's pray that what ever you did fixed it - nothing is more annoying than an intermittent electrical problem!!
Cheers,
SR