Bobcat 630 U-joint question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

nerker

I have gone through the contortions of greasing my 743 U-joint between the pump and engine. Not fun but doable. Now I am working on a neighbors 630 with the Wisconsin VH4D engine and had to remove the engine to replace the four engine to motor mount plate bolts as they were missing! That is another story so I will leave it at that for now. While in there I wanted to check out the U-joint and found it has no zerk fittings. I see no plugs to screw in zerks and I can only conclude this is a "permanently greased for life" joint. Can anyone shine a little daylight on this joint if it is factory or after market. FYI, joint looks in great shape and looks fairly new. I have my doubts if I would trust one of these joints for long term lubrication.
Any ideas what I have. Thanks, Tom

brdgbldr

If you have the serial number for the machine in question, you can enter in at:
www.bobcatpartsonline.com
You should be able to look at what the stock u-joint looked like in the exploded view and see if it had grease fittings or not and if it is the stock u-joint or not. I use these parts catalogs a lot just to see how things go together and make sure I have all the parts I need before digging into something for repair.

OP
OP
N

nerker

If you have the serial number for the machine in question, you can enter in at:
www.bobcatpartsonline.com
You should be able to look at what the stock u-joint looked like in the exploded view and see if it had grease fittings or not and if it is the stock u-joint or not. I use these parts catalogs a lot just to see how things go together and make sure I have all the parts I need before digging into something for repair.
Thank you for the reply brdgbldr. Looks to be a factory u-Joint with no zerks,

Latest posts