Bobcat 610 stalls

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bill_timmerman

My old 610 with the Wisconsin electronic ignition starts running roughly and eventually quits after about 10 minutes of running or after you hit a big bump. It acts like a fuel problem as it runs better with the choke on. I've installed a good water separator, pulled the carb apart and cleaned it, and the fuel pump works fine. I've eliminated the fuel problem so now I'm going after an electrical problem as it gets worse after it gets hot. Does anyone have an aftermarket source for the module from a Prestolite distributor? thanks

hilljacknm

Hey Bill . I upgraded my 610 to a pointless distributor using a Pertronix . Can get you the part number if needed. It does sound like a fuel delivery problem, having to use the choke to keep it running. Had the same problem with mine. No power and ran like crap. Performed a $1.98 tune up. Rev the engine up a good bit, use the choke if you have to. Block the intake with your hand until the engine starts to choke out. Remove your hand and let the engine recover to previous rpm. Repeat a couple times. Don't forget the choke, if it starts to run better. The idea is to use engine vacuum to clear blocked passages in the carb. Blocked mine up near the air cleaner.