Bobcat 610 for sale

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

m37guy

I was running my 610 today and the motor died... She turns over and fires a little for a few seconds then dies as if its out of gas (its not) Anyways i'm going to be getting a newer one so she has to go. Send me you e-mail or # and i can send pictures. She has ok rubber, bucket works good, has the cage Located in Central NH O and what is a fair asking price for her as is?

6brnorma

Too bad you are going to let her go 37…….. if I was closer, I'd be talking to you. Put her on Craigslist and/or E-bay…….they don't typically last long on there. I see prices from $2500 to $7000 on there……lower with no engine…… $7000 is out of line in my book but it all depends on year of manufacture, general condition, etc. Good luck.

OP
OP
m37guy

m37guy

Too bad you are going to let her go 37…….. if I was closer, I'd be talking to you. Put her on Craigslist and/or E-bay…….they don't typically last long on there. I see prices from $2500 to $7000 on there……lower with no engine…… $7000 is out of line in my book but it all depends on year of manufacture, general condition, etc. Good luck.
Its on Cl right now and i'm getting some low offers of $300 as a lowest so far... Its like people have nothing better to do. I might do e-bay but i hate paying to sell something

6brnorma

Its on Cl right now and i'm getting some low offers of $300 as a lowest so far... Its like people have nothing better to do. I might do e-bay but i hate paying to sell something
Those are bargain hunters……if you are willing to put in the effort, you can "part" out the machine and make 10x that figure. It will take some effort however……..some of those calls probably intend to do exactly that.

OP
OP
m37guy

m37guy

Those are bargain hunters……if you are willing to put in the effort, you can "part" out the machine and make 10x that figure. It will take some effort however……..some of those calls probably intend to do exactly that.
What are the big money makers and about how much for each of those parts? Sell the parts on E-bay or here and CL? I dont really know much about these so thanks for the help!

6brnorma

What are the big money makers and about how much for each of those parts? Sell the parts on E-bay or here and CL? I dont really know much about these so thanks for the help!
You would sell on E-bay………Major parts…….axels $150.00 each (especially rear), valve body couple of hundred, variable speed valve $150.00, jackshaft sheave $200.00, variable speed sheave $200.00+, crankshaft $300 to $500 (depending), jugs $200 each (depending), clutches $150 each, hydro pump $200, hydro cylinders $100 each…..what's that put us at….$3400 and you've still got lots left. Those were all very reasonable prices provided the parts are usable. Yes it takes some work but you shouldn't even consider $300.

6brnorma

You would sell on E-bay………Major parts…….axels $150.00 each (especially rear), valve body couple of hundred, variable speed valve $150.00, jackshaft sheave $200.00, variable speed sheave $200.00+, crankshaft $300 to $500 (depending), jugs $200 each (depending), clutches $150 each, hydro pump $200, hydro cylinders $100 each…..what's that put us at….$3400 and you've still got lots left. Those were all very reasonable prices provided the parts are usable. Yes it takes some work but you shouldn't even consider $300.
You decide to go that route let me know…….I'll send you my shopping list.

OP
OP
m37guy

m37guy

You decide to go that route let me know…….I'll send you my shopping list.
Thanks for the price list so i have a better idea. once thing are posted should i expect them to sell quickly or do i have to sit on those parts for a while? email me with your list and a fair price and if there is enough i'll start tearing her apart. I'm pretty sure the motor is toast, maybe even something in the lower end. The compression was 50's-60's in all 4 cylinders and she ran good when i used her but now toast. [email protected]

OP
OP
m37guy

m37guy

Thanks for the price list so i have a better idea. once thing are posted should i expect them to sell quickly or do i have to sit on those parts for a while? email me with your list and a fair price and if there is enough i'll start tearing her apart. I'm pretty sure the motor is toast, maybe even something in the lower end. The compression was 50's-60's in all 4 cylinders and she ran good when i used her but now toast. [email protected]
Thanks for all the interest but i sold the entire machine

rodbuilder

No offense guy, but Bobcats that don't run are pretty much scrap metal! The bigger problem with yours is that it's a little toy that won't lift much if it did run!. Nobody can check it out and see if the cylinders are by-passing internally. They cant hear a rod knock. They can't even check out the general condition of the hydraulics, etc. And you're surely not going to guarantee anything - right? So what IS it worth? Not much - that's for sure. Scrap steel is only going for about $100 a ton right now. So take it from there - what would you give for a 1980 Chevy Cavalier that doesn't run?

V65ozzie

No offense guy, but Bobcats that don't run are pretty much scrap metal! The bigger problem with yours is that it's a little toy that won't lift much if it did run!. Nobody can check it out and see if the cylinders are by-passing internally. They cant hear a rod knock. They can't even check out the general condition of the hydraulics, etc. And you're surely not going to guarantee anything - right? So what IS it worth? Not much - that's for sure. Scrap steel is only going for about $100 a ton right now. So take it from there - what would you give for a 1980 Chevy Cavalier that doesn't run?
20 bucks.....been there, done that. Got the whole car just for the rear axle which I used on a pig cooker. Got 100 bucks for the rest from a recycler. Up 80 bucks, less time and effort, broke even. Sold pig cooker for 500. Parts for pig cooker were about 100 bucks total, mostly bits and pieces I picked up over time for free. Figure I cleared about 300 bucks for the whole thing after consumables.