Bobcat 56 value

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Kilroy2k1

I'm considering parting with my Bobcat 56 mini Ex (rebadged Komatsu PC-05)
I was wondering what kind of value this unit might have now.
I do intend to replace the few hydraulic flex lines that are looking a little rough and some of the pins are of course sloppy, but the machine still runs and digs like a champ. Could use a coat of paint as well.
It also has newer rubber tracks on it, they probably have less then a mile on them. lol
Any ballpark figures where i should start haggling?
Also I'm in Canada of that makes a diff.
Thanks
Tom.

Wayne440

I have zero idea of your machine's value- I cannot recall the last time I saw a 56 excavator or its Komatsu counterpart for sale. My advice, list it for more than you think it is worth on its best day. Then reduce the price by $500 every month or week depending on how quickly you want to sell. When you start getting replies, you are at a reasonable price.

OP
OP
K

Kilroy2k1

Sounds like a fair plan. Looks like any ex's are all over the price map here. i'll aim high and work from there.
I'll replace those lines and see about making it a bit prettier and then list it and see what happens.
Cheers.

koko

Did you try doing a google search for pricing. What about Ritchie Bros. Auction site for historical values?

OP
OP
K

Kilroy2k1

I did some google searches but a couple prices i did find just seemed a little high, like $11-13k us, one machine that looked worse then mine lol
I didnt find anything on the Canada side tho and I know region plays a big role in what a machine can fetch.
I'll see if I can find any ritchie historical on this side of the ditch.
Thanks.