Bobcat 553 split pump

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mikey

Hello im new to the forum i have a issue with my 553 bobcat skid steer i was using it to feed some cattle and i thought id blown a pipe under the cab upon further inspection i found the pump had split i ordered a new pump fitted it yesterday all was fine had machine running fine power washed it all off went to grab a bale with my grab and when I opened the grab fully on the aux pop split the new pump im totally confused has anyone ever had this issue ive had the machine 5 year with no problems other than a drive motor replacement earlier this year

Attachments

• IMG_1202.jpeg
    IMG_1202.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 49

Dave1234

By now you've no doubt found the problem--can you let us know? It sounds like a problem with the pressure relief valve.

OP
OP
M

mikey

By now you've no doubt found the problem--can you let us know? It sounds like a problem with the pressure relief valve.
Yes very sorry thought i had updated it but obviously not yes the problem was indeed the relief valve

Dave1234

Yes very sorry thought i had updated it but obviously not yes the problem was indeed the relief valve
Bummer. Thank you for the follow-up. And good to know. I assume you found the bypass jammed by rust or debris preventing movement, or the opening clogged. Makes me wonder if periodically exercising the bypass (by pushing something to its stops and holding it there) might be a good idea, albeit at a risk of causing failure rather than just causing parts of move and keep themselves free.

OP
OP
M

mikey

Bummer. Thank you for the follow-up. And good to know. I assume you found the bypass jammed by rust or debris preventing movement, or the opening clogged. Makes me wonder if periodically exercising the bypass (by pushing something to its stops and holding it there) might be a good idea, albeit at a risk of causing failure rather than just causing parts of move and keep themselves free.
To be quite honest i found nothing i took out the valve and took it to bits and it all looked good to me it was my dealership that said they think that it cant be anything else so ordered me a new one needless to say i was fairly nervous trying it out 😂

Latest posts