bobcat 553 questions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

joeinmn

Hi, I'm a bobcat newbie and have a couple questions for the experts. 1. My loader has a slight forward creep and I want to make the necessary adjustments. I have a manual and the adjustment looks easy enough but according to the book, I need a remote stater switch. Is it posible to use the ignition switch in the cab to start the machine? I realise the cab will be raised... 2. My fuel gauge worked the first two days after I bought it. Now it's not working. Any suggestions on tracking down the issue. I'm sure I'll have more questions soon. I'm a DIYer and plan to do as much of the work as possible. Thanks!!

Tazza

Staff member
I start the engine, lift the cab then work. Just ensure its blocked and secure, you don't want it getting away from you.
As for the fuel gauge, it could be the sender or gauge. If you short the S wire on the gauge to ground, the needle should point to full. Same if you short the terminals on the fuel sneder on the fuel tank. If it does, its the sender.

OP
OP
J

joeinmn

I start the engine, lift the cab then work. Just ensure its blocked and secure, you don't want it getting away from you.
As for the fuel gauge, it could be the sender or gauge. If you short the S wire on the gauge to ground, the needle should point to full. Same if you short the terminals on the fuel sneder on the fuel tank. If it does, its the sender.
Thanks alot. I'll let you know what happens.