Bobcat 530 steering pintle removal

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

trobbl

I'm in the process of fixing a hydraulic leak and have chased it down to the steering pintle that goes into the hydrostatic pump. I have gotten as far as getting the lever off the pintle but don't know how to get the pintle out of the pump in order to replace the o-rings. I have the 520-530-533 service manual, but it doesn't go into that topic at all.

flyerdan

It looks like the pump has to be completely disassembled to get the shafts out.
They're not very clear on it, but it looks like there might be a regular oil seal that is typically pressed in, along with an O-ring which one would assume is between the seal and the outer plate.
If the seal needs replaced, it might be possible to pull it with a sheet metal screw puller, and carefully tap in the new one using a piece of tubing the right size to fit over the shaft. A lot of time I'll use a deep socket to press in a seal if the shaft isn't too long.

OP
OP
T

trobbl

They're not very clear on it, but it looks like there might be a regular oil seal that is typically pressed in, along with an O-ring which one would assume is between the seal and the outer plate.
If the seal needs replaced, it might be possible to pull it with a sheet metal screw puller, and carefully tap in the new one using a piece of tubing the right size to fit over the shaft. A lot of time I'll use a deep socket to press in a seal if the shaft isn't too long.
I kinda thought that might be the case. I already have the engine out and the hydraulic oil drained, so it shouldn't be much more work to pull the pump. I looked through the link to service and repair at the bottom of your post, but didn't find anything covering my 530. The reason I thought it would be a couple o-rings is from the Bobcat parts diagram for my unit. Where did you find the info you referenced?

OP
OP
T

trobbl

I just found the section on the service manual you must have referenced. Pump repair starts in section 3-7 of the manual and as you mentioned, requires pump removal to get to those pintles. Should be fun.

Latest posts