Bobcat 463 engine fuse Help Please

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

D180man

Hi i am new just fould this forum looks nice but i need help with a bobcat 463 it blows the engine fuse we used it yesterday worked fine whent to put it up and started to move and that was it ! i put a new fuse in and turn the key the fans came on and then it blowed tryed a 2 time turn the key it started but then blowed the fuse! the 3 time i pulled all the fuse but the engine and glow and it still did it ! and it has a new alt and i have looked at all the wires they look fine it is a 2004 but still in good shap can some one help like to put it up before it rains and is there some one that has a parts manual for this ? thank you !!

OldMachinist

I justed looked at the wiring diagrams for my 453 which is simular and I would dis-connect the alternator connections, bolt the wires from the stud together, wrap them in tape and try a new fuse. If that works the alternator is faulty.
On the 453 the engine fuse supplies power to the key switch, then the circuit goes to the alternator, shut down timer and switched power relay. Unless someone has wired in additional things.

OP
OP
D

D180man

I justed looked at the wiring diagrams for my 453 which is simular and I would dis-connect the alternator connections, bolt the wires from the stud together, wrap them in tape and try a new fuse. If that works the alternator is faulty.
On the 453 the engine fuse supplies power to the key switch, then the circuit goes to the alternator, shut down timer and switched power relay. Unless someone has wired in additional things.
Hi thank you i did the alternator and it still blows the fuse i will have to look at the switch but thanks for looking ! do you have some photos of your bobcat with the tracks on ? i got out bidded on a set do they pull down on the engine to run them ? have a nice day !

OldMachinist

Hi thank you i did the alternator and it still blows the fuse i will have to look at the switch but thanks for looking ! do you have some photos of your bobcat with the tracks on ? i got out bidded on a set do they pull down on the engine to run them ? have a nice day !
I had to wait for some nice weather to take some pictures. I really haven't noticed if they put any extra load on the engine, they do load the hydrostats some just because of the extra traction. The ride on hard ground is a lot rougher but I use my machine in the woods for loading logs onto my dump bed pickup and when the ground thaws there would be a lot of days I couldn't do that without tracks.
DSCF1084.jpg

DSCF1083.jpg

I had to install a spacer where I marked the red arrow to keep the lift arms from rubbing the tracks.
DSCF1085.jpg

OP
OP
D

D180man

I had to wait for some nice weather to take some pictures. I really haven't noticed if they put any extra load on the engine, they do load the hydrostats some just because of the extra traction. The ride on hard ground is a lot rougher but I use my machine in the woods for loading logs onto my dump bed pickup and when the ground thaws there would be a lot of days I couldn't do that without tracks.

I had to install a spacer where I marked the red arrow to keep the lift arms from rubbing the tracks.
Hi very nice bobcat ! thanks for the photos the tracks look great ! we love to have a set we have the big tires but it still gets stuck some times! but we found out what was blowing the fuse it was the strob light !!!! it was a bobcat strob but they did not put a fuse on it ! all that time runnig the wires and plugs then it turned out to be the dum strob !! ask about a new one they wount 177.00 and on the paper for it says may need to put fuse in line !! but we saved over 400.00 if bobcat would of come out ! but thanks for your help and the photos !! have a nice day !!

OldMachinist

Hi very nice bobcat ! thanks for the photos the tracks look great ! we love to have a set we have the big tires but it still gets stuck some times! but we found out what was blowing the fuse it was the strob light !!!! it was a bobcat strob but they did not put a fuse on it ! all that time runnig the wires and plugs then it turned out to be the dum strob !! ask about a new one they wount 177.00 and on the paper for it says may need to put fuse in line !! but we saved over 400.00 if bobcat would of come out ! but thanks for your help and the photos !! have a nice day !!
Glad you figured it out. Likely the strobe was added by a previous owner and not installed by a dealer since it had no fuse. If you really need to replace the light you can pick one up for under $50 from JC Whitney.
In the next couple of weeks I'll be switching over from the narrow tires and Grouser tracks to the wider flotation tires. I have a set of Loegering tracks that fit the wide tires. The Loegering tracks are alot lighter and I don't mind putting them on and off as needed during the summer. They don't have a much traction as the Grouser's but they also don't tear up the ground as much.

OP
OP
D

D180man

Glad you figured it out. Likely the strobe was added by a previous owner and not installed by a dealer since it had no fuse. If you really need to replace the light you can pick one up for under $50 from JC Whitney.
In the next couple of weeks I'll be switching over from the narrow tires and Grouser tracks to the wider flotation tires. I have a set of Loegering tracks that fit the wide tires. The Loegering tracks are alot lighter and I don't mind putting them on and off as needed during the summer. They don't have a much traction as the Grouser's but they also don't tear up the ground as much.
Hi yes if i put a strob back on i am not giving bobcats price i seen some on ebay for $50.00 ! and it will have a fuse on it !! lol i have not seen a Loegering track set are they like grouser ? i know grouser looks like they can tear up a yard real good ! but thanks for all the help if you get time when you get them on i like to see the Loegering tracks if you have time ! but we have thought of putting duals on to see if that would help in the mud ? but have a nice day !

Latest posts