Bobcat 463 bics problem.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Varvelrudy1

I have a 463 realy dependable machine. Recently I was having intermittent problem with locking out. Machine would resume working after a series of lifting and lowering seat bar. Or restarting machine. No it has completely locked out. It has the older model bics system. Only the power light comes on when ignition is on. I thought it might be the lap bar sensor. So I replaced it. Pres to engage button is working also.

bobcat324

Hey Varvel, I have the same model, a work horse. Check those white plastic /metal sliders under the lap bar fully engages/ disengages, other than that i can only think to check those wires behind the bics to make sure its not chewed or something. pls report back. Thanks.

bobcat324

Also check the fuse. below is a related thread...

OP
OP
V

Varvelrudy1

Hey Varvel, I have the same model, a work horse. Check those white plastic /metal sliders under the lap bar fully engages/ disengages, other than that i can only think to check those wires behind the bics to make sure its not chewed or something. pls report back. Thanks.
No, it's not the mechanical lock out. They both are completely engaging. I believe it's the Lao bar . Or something related. Would like to be able to temporarily bypass switch. Just to see if the problem is in the bics system itself. The typ of switch it has prevents that. Dont even know how to test it. As I mentioned I did replace it. However no way to be certain that switch is good. Pulled bics system, visually inspected. Appeared to be in good order. No torn wires. Didn't see any damage on circuit board either.