Bobcat 32-66 error. battery voltage out of range

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Homer Allman

I get the 32-66 error code on my bobcat which indicates the battery voltage is out of range. I looked in the service manual and saw how to test the alternator for high and low voltage. My test showed my battery voltage was high. it was in the 15.7 volt range. This means the alternator is overcharging the battery. So I take off the alternator belt and start the engine and do the voltage test again. The voltage is only 12.7 and I still get the out of range error. The question is can I get this error on both high and low voltage. My sticks are locked on the tilt and lift, but the tracks still move forwards and backwards. Will replacing the alternator correct the error? Any ideas? thanks

flyerdan

It's probably looking for a 13.2 - 14.5 volt range, and taking the belt off means that there wouldn't be an excite signal coming from the alternator, so that could be why it's still reporting.
Not sure if you have an internal or external regulated alternator, chances are that it's internal and has a bad diode.

OP
OP
H

Homer Allman

It's probably looking for a 13.2 - 14.5 volt range, and taking the belt off means that there wouldn't be an excite signal coming from the alternator, so that could be why it's still reporting.
Not sure if you have an internal or external regulated alternator, chances are that it's internal and has a bad diode.
thank you for the reply. I went ahead and purchased a new aftermarket alternator. It was almost as cheap as the parts to repair the old one. It should be here today.

OP
OP
H

Homer Allman

I get the 32-66 error code on my bobcat T 250 which indicates the battery voltage is out of range. I changed out the alternator and got the voltage back in line but I still get this error code. Anyone have any suggestions? Like where do I begin the figure this out? Thanks

Latest posts