bob-tach repair

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

smoorebuck

My old new to me machine bob-tach is missing the atachement lockdown arms and hardware. The only thing left is the verticle wedge pins. Does any one have any exsperince in repairing these to like new condition. I also have a lot of play in the bucket piviting arms. Does these have bushings that can be replaced. Thanks for the help.

jerry

what model machine is it? you can buy the bob-tach parts from the dealer and he should be able to give you a view of it so you can tell what you are missing.

Tazza

Staff member
what model machine is it? you can buy the bob-tach parts from the dealer and he should be able to give you a view of it so you can tell what you are missing.
Depending on the amount of wear in the lower pins and bosses you may get away with installing new pins and bushings. If the wear is too bad, you will need to weld in new bosses as well as installing new pins and bushings.
You were talking about the wedges, i'm assuming an older 743/731 vintage? they use the square wedges. As the thin metal rusts out you get more play. Also the square hole wollows out with age. The best advise for this is to weld a little more material to the bottom of your bucket to take up this extra movement. As long as it will lock the bucket on tight, thats all you really need. Getting it back to factory, will be a LOT of hard work. The newer round wedge system is much easier as it will not wear the housing out like the old ones did.
Even used bobtaches are available, i'm sure a few members ahve found them from time to time. New they are rather expensive.