bob cat 763 starter problems

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

carolina-mule

the starter on my 763 has developed a problem. the starter is always trying to start the engine . i have even disconnected the ignition switch and the starter trys to run when the battery is charged. when i first dis covered i had a problem, i caught the starter turning the engine over and there was no key in the ign. the starter was very hot due to this but the engine wasn't running. whats going on with it? to me either the starter solinoid is stuck or since i have disconnected the ignition switch i think some thing is feeding back through the system ond causing my problem. the lights are also on all the time since this has happened. this tractor is about a 2000 year model and it really had only about 110 hrs on it. what ever has happened also kept the hour meter running and finally when the battery went dead it had about 180 hrs. on it. please help me. lamar guest [email protected] thx for the help

Fishfiles

I think I would start with a test light on the wire at the solinoid that start the machine , if voltage is present all the time I would disconnect that wire and see if the voltage is coming from the wire or if it is coming from inside the solinoid -----------being you say that lights are on makes me think you got a short in your wiring , do you have Boss ( monitor screen ) or Base ( gagues , I didn't think the hour meter would run either way unless the engine was running

Bobcatdan

I think I would start with a test light on the wire at the solinoid that start the machine , if voltage is present all the time I would disconnect that wire and see if the voltage is coming from the wire or if it is coming from inside the solinoid -----------being you say that lights are on makes me think you got a short in your wiring , do you have Boss ( monitor screen ) or Base ( gagues , I didn't think the hour meter would run either way unless the engine was running
You said it was a 2000, so it is a G series, I would start by pulling out the relay for the starter and se if that makes a difference. I would then check the wiring harness. To be honest, I bet the controller is the problem.

OP
OP
C

carolina-mule

i have gauges.

OP
OP
C

carolina-mule

im borrowing a service manual and then ill be able to understand more about the suggestions you guys are offering