Blowing display fuse when turning key RT175

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Await6994

I have a yanmar t175, which is nearly 100% identical to a gehl rt175. It uses the same parts and everything.

When I was operating the skid steer, I lost controls. The engine was still running, but all the joystick controls is unresponsive and parking break switch and the display went black. The lights and other switches work. The throttle works. The key will turn power on and off, but will not attempt to crank.

I found it to be the display fuse. I replaced it and it worked for about 5 minutes and it blew again. Then when I would put a new one in and turn the key to power, it would blow the fuse as soon as the key is turned to on.

I unhooked all controls on both sides including the key slot. Hot wired it to turn the power on and still blowing the fuse. Then after about 10 blown fuses, I can run it for 10 more minutes and it will start blowing the fuses again. I have opened cab, taken out seat, unplugged everything from controls and just can't figure it out. I don't see any frayed or melted wires that I can find. Nothing cut.

Any ideas? I am just someone who bought one to manage a small farm with, so I know very little about these things. The skid steer is in great condition minus this. I have heard my gehl dealer in our area is little to no help. So I'm not sure what to do.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

Await6994

Update to this... I was able to figure out what was blowing the fuse. The powered seat for raising and lowering was the issue. As soon as I unplugged that from behind the seat, it stopped blowing the fuse. I had to look at the wiring diagram to remember that was there.

But now, when I try to start it, I get nothing. It's like I'm not twisting the key at all.

I can see that when I get off the seat or open the arm switches the display says error 0. Then when I sit back down and close the arm switches, the error 0 goes away. But still won't attempt to start. It was starting fine, but now it won't try.

Any ideas?

Latest posts