Basic Hydraulics question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Evilcactuar

I have a pretty basic / stupid question. I recently bought a 20 year old skid steer, and I don't think it was doing it when I bought it a couple of weeks ago, while the boom stays up no problem, the bucket points to the ground in a hurry. I was going to open up the control valve before I went rebuilding / replacing cylinders, but my question is, do I need to bleed something down / is there a pressure release anywhere? I'm pretty handy, but Ive never worked with hydraulics, and i'd prefer not to have something wihth 3000psi of pressure shoot towards my head if I can avoid it. It's a daewoo 1760xl if it makes any difference, I'm doubting it does. I'm hoping its an o ring or some crap in there, but thats not usually my luck.

foton

you want to support what ever it is that you want to work on then with the engine off use the controls each way that should take off any excess pressure then slightly crack the fitting and then it should be safe ,, have a catch bucket ready too.

OP
OP
E

Evilcactuar

you want to support what ever it is that you want to work on then with the engine off use the controls each way that should take off any excess pressure then slightly crack the fitting and then it should be safe ,, have a catch bucket ready too.
Makes sense, thanks so much!