Backhoe with breaker

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Gabrielppreis

Hey guys, im wondering buying a backhoe for my bob S530. Im not sure if it will work as a mini excavator but on videos it seems to be. I also saw a video that a concrete breaker was atrached at the boom of a backhoe attachment. Any of you have ever seen it? Is it possible to do? Im thinking about the backoe 609, any of you has experience with it? It really work well or it just waste of money?

flyerdan

It seems to me that the biggest issue would be that the backhoe attachment requires the aux hydraulics to run it, and doesn't have another aux circuit at the end of the boom like the mini-x does.
It can be done; it would require an additional valve (and manifold if the attachment doesn't have a power beyond valve body) and plumbing aux couplers to the end of the boom.
I haven't researched to see if there is a kit or option available, if there is a big demand for this someone should have filled it. If not, you might try to contact the guy behind the video and see if he has any info about it.

OP
OP
Gabrielppreis

Gabrielppreis

It seems to me that the biggest issue would be that the backhoe attachment requires the aux hydraulics to run it, and doesn't have another aux circuit at the end of the boom like the mini-x does.
It can be done; it would require an additional valve (and manifold if the attachment doesn't have a power beyond valve body) and plumbing aux couplers to the end of the boom.
I haven't researched to see if there is a kit or option available, if there is a big demand for this someone should have filled it. If not, you might try to contact the guy behind the video and see if he has any info about it.
Exactly it suppose to have one aux connection. I tried to contact that guy that i saw on video, but he didnt answer. If some make or could help how it could be done, i really appreciate @flyerdan, what do you thibk about the backhoe attachment? Does it work well lke a mini excavator? Thanks for your reply. .

flyerdan

Exactly it suppose to have one aux connection. I tried to contact that guy that i saw on video, but he didnt answer. If some make or could help how it could be done, i really appreciate @flyerdan, what do you thibk about the backhoe attachment? Does it work well lke a mini excavator? Thanks for your reply. .
The backhoe attachments are pretty good; they're not as quick and versatile as a mini-x, one thing that comes to mind would be dumping behind you. That's something that a mini-x can do that a ss hoe can't. Still, if you have need of one they're far superior to a mattock and shovel.
As for your situation, you might search and see if anyone has added a thumb to a 709. That would be more likely to have happened, and the hydraulic principles would be the same so any modifications they had to do for that would scale to a breaker.

Latest posts