BACKHOE VS EXCAVATOR

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

meinhill

I have a Bobcat T300 and will using it to harvest palm trees. I have never used the Backhoe attachment ( Bradco , Bobcat etc) for a skid steer. Anybody have experience with backhoe attachment? Am I wasting my time ? Should I just buy a mini excavator? Thanks !

Bobcatdan

It comes down to is the boom swing alone work well or would full house swing work better.

skidsteer.ca

It comes down to is the boom swing alone work well or would full house swing work better.
And (comes down to ) budget, if money is no object, and you don't mind maintaining a extra engine/machine then the ex is a more versatile way to go. Course you need a biggert truck and trailer if your want to roll up to a job and have both. But hat to beat a boom swing on a rotating house, and a back fill blade.
Backhoe on the other hand are pretty good bang for your buck. As for what brand, I have a preference for vertical stabilizers as opposed to fold downs on a hoe as it give you more place for spoil and you can dig closer to a obstacle beside the machine.
Ken

Latest posts