Backhoe mounting brackets for 811 bobcat backhoe

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Stonehands

Hello Experts. I purchased a 811 bobcat backhoe for my 863F turbo bobcat. Unit is in remarkable shape. It came with the mounting brackets and bolts to attachment. With a helper and second set of hands, ( required as it is uber heavy and you need someone on the outside wrenching on the nuts and someone holding the bolt on the inside to keep bolt from turning. Got the brackets attached and the backhoe will not connect with the mounting bracket. It appears that the bracket may be in need of adjustment to allow the backhoe to be able to sit on and engage the hooks of the mounting bracket. There is some, not much, but some ability to move the bracket a little. Is this common? Anyone have any first hand experience with this. Is it common to have to fine tune or adjust the mounting brackets as they attach to the bobcat frame to get the backhoe to be able to rest on and engage the brackets? Thank you.

Tazza

Staff member
Could it be due to wear in the bobtach? I found that with mine, some times it wouldn't tilt back quite far enough and i had to hook up the hoses to teh hoe and use it to push back to engage the mounts.
Is it as simple as that?
With the hoe attached, you can some times just use the stabilizer legs to get it in position, if not, put the boom down and push down to tilt the back to get it to line up.
If that also fails, you may need to modify the attachment lucgs on the hoe, it *may* have been adapted to fit the previous owners machine.

OP
OP
S

Stonehands

Are the brackets also off of an 863? I could be wrong but I do believe the brackets are machine-specific, possibly even serial number range specific...
Thank you Yes the brackets are off an 863. When I tilt the boom back it is off by 1/2 inch of getting the hook to accept the backhoe pin. I also tried to take the pin out, then position the backhoe where it needs to be and then tried to put the pin in but that didn't work either. Thank you

OP
OP
S

Stonehands

Are the brackets also off of an 863? I could be wrong but I do believe the brackets are machine-specific, possibly even serial number range specific...
Thank you everyone for the responses. Backhoe is attached and have little problem getting it on and off now. There was no wiggle room with the nuts and bolts of the mounting bracket. I found that the pin and or bushing on the Bobtach tilt ram are so sloppy that I can use my foot and move the plate back and forth at least an inch or more. Replacing the pin and or bushing should help out. Can anyone tell me if there is a bushing for this pin or just a new pin of hopefully larger diameter due to it being a new pin. Looks pretty easy to knock out and replace. Can anyone confirm this for me. Thank you everyone for the responses and help. Tazza, for some reason the system will not allow me to send you a response.