Backhoe identification

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bobcat753

Just wondering if anyone has an idea of the model of this backhoe. Its my best guess that it was case(I can see the original yellow paint) and was modified to fit bobcat skids. It has the vertical stabilizers and ball mounts similar to that of the 909. Just trying to find out more info on it. Also if anyone knows a good place to order the right quick connect fittings, I need a set of those. Ryan
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a191/ryan0007/Equip/IMG_3683.jpg http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a191/ryan0007/Equip/IMG_3687.jpg http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a191/ryan0007/Equip/IMG_3685.jpg

bobcat1505

except for the tall mount for controls it looks like a davis D-100 backhoe bobcat used them decades ago for the 610.

OP
OP
B

bobcat753

except for the tall mount for controls it looks like a davis D-100 backhoe bobcat used them decades ago for the 610.
After doing a few searches I think you may be right! I would never have thought it would have been that old, seems in pretty good shape other then a leaky cylinder that I have apart now waiting on a rebuild. In some photos it looks like it might be a 709 or 607 they had the ball mounts and vertical stabilizers. But the case paint under a couple layers of white kinda gives it away. Thanks for the info!!!!

jerry

After doing a few searches I think you may be right! I would never have thought it would have been that old, seems in pretty good shape other then a leaky cylinder that I have apart now waiting on a rebuild. In some photos it looks like it might be a 709 or 607 they had the ball mounts and vertical stabilizers. But the case paint under a couple layers of white kinda gives it away. Thanks for the info!!!!
I have a old davis/case and it looks like that except for the seat and valve arrangment is at least a foot and one half lower on mine. I can reach back and move the bobcat without getting out of the seat. On mine there is a i.d. plate under the seat which I have not been able to read yet.

OP
OP
B

bobcat753

I have a old davis/case and it looks like that except for the seat and valve arrangment is at least a foot and one half lower on mine. I can reach back and move the bobcat without getting out of the seat. On mine there is a i.d. plate under the seat which I have not been able to read yet.
Jerry thanks for the reply. You bring up a good question tho, is there any numbers stamped anywhere on this machine? As for the plate under the seat, I've looked and didnt see one there. Likely it was removed when painting and never put on. Would be nice to uncover some stamped numbers in it tho.

OP
OP
B

bobcat753

Jerry do you have yours on a bobcat as well? If so do the ball mounts line up on it?

jerry

Jerry do you have yours on a bobcat as well? If so do the ball mounts line up on it?
When I got mine it had only the bob-tach plate on it , no anchor system so I used 3pt tractor links, the pictures are in the media area here, easy to adjust and set-up. I have seen the mounts put on the wheel side of the frame also and that would give you more foot room but even with winter boots on I don't have any problem. There are also pictures in the media area of the ball mount system that bobcat used. I like the little digger although my 632 is a little light for it and the swing was really fast till I made some orifices and put them in where the hoses attach to the valve body. A adjustable flow inline valve would be the way to go. If you ever figure out how to take apart the main boom swivel to replace the bearings without using a torch let me know.

OP
OP
B

bobcat753

When I got mine it had only the bob-tach plate on it , no anchor system so I used 3pt tractor links, the pictures are in the media area here, easy to adjust and set-up. I have seen the mounts put on the wheel side of the frame also and that would give you more foot room but even with winter boots on I don't have any problem. There are also pictures in the media area of the ball mount system that bobcat used. I like the little digger although my 632 is a little light for it and the swing was really fast till I made some orifices and put them in where the hoses attach to the valve body. A adjustable flow inline valve would be the way to go. If you ever figure out how to take apart the main boom swivel to replace the bearings without using a torch let me know.
Jerry good information to know. I've actually checked out those pics and you did a nice job on it. I havent been able to hook it up to my machine yet to see how it operates, basically ive only had it hooked up to remove it from my truck and to put it in the garage. Tommrow I plan on taking the boom cylinder and tilt cylinder to a few shops to get rebuilt. Hopefully I won't have the probs you had with it. Once I get it hooked up I may be asking you a few more questions. Also I found a copy of the owners manual/parts catologue online for it, if you need it let me know. Thanks!

jerry

Jerry good information to know. I've actually checked out those pics and you did a nice job on it. I havent been able to hook it up to my machine yet to see how it operates, basically ive only had it hooked up to remove it from my truck and to put it in the garage. Tommrow I plan on taking the boom cylinder and tilt cylinder to a few shops to get rebuilt. Hopefully I won't have the probs you had with it. Once I get it hooked up I may be asking you a few more questions. Also I found a copy of the owners manual/parts catologue online for it, if you need it let me know. Thanks!
bobcat753 can you post the web location of the manual here? That is something I could really use at times. I did put a filter from Northern tool in the line so any crud from the back hoe would not get into the bobcat system, it works but I think I will get a better one this spring for it. I will try to get a picture of where the i.d. plate is on mine and put it on here.

jerry

bobcat753 can you post the web location of the manual here? That is something I could really use at times. I did put a filter from Northern tool in the line so any crud from the back hoe would not get into the bobcat system, it works but I think I will get a better one this spring for it. I will try to get a picture of where the i.d. plate is on mine and put it on here.
Bobcat753 I posted pictures of the seat in media, the i.d.plate is on the back side of the valve tower and hidden by the seat mount so I do not think this seat mount is original. I may cut a hole in the mount so I can read it. I moved it outside in warmer weather and now it is frozen in ice.

OP
OP
B

bobcat753

Bobcat753 I posted pictures of the seat in media, the i.d.plate is on the back side of the valve tower and hidden by the seat mount so I do not think this seat mount is original. I may cut a hole in the mount so I can read it. I moved it outside in warmer weather and now it is frozen in ice.
Jerry check your email, I sent the manual there, along with a few questions. Also how do you access these pics?

jerry

Jerry check your email, I sent the manual there, along with a few questions. Also how do you access these pics?
Just go to the top of the forum page where it says home,buy sell ,forum and media and etc. click on media and click on photos in the menu then click 3 pt backhoe attach.

Tazza

Staff member
Just go to the top of the forum page where it says home,buy sell ,forum and media and etc. click on media and click on photos in the menu then click 3 pt backhoe attach.
Bobcat753 or Jerry can you send me a copy too?
"taz38sup at yahoo.com.au"
I just bought a 753G yesterday, i should have it early next week!

jerry

Hey I found the linky, here ya go http://www.ytmag.com/mf/messages/96954.html Congrats on your new purchase Tazza!
Bobcat 753, Ryan did you get the e-mail I sent the yesterday? thanks again for the manual I'm surprised that there was one around. jerry

jerry

Bobcat 753, Ryan did you get the e-mail I sent the yesterday? thanks again for the manual I'm surprised that there was one around. jerry
Did you get a deal on the new machine Tazza? Is the 751 all fixed up now? I tried to send you that link as Ryan sent it to me and I couldn't but by following the one he posted up above it goes to the same manual.

Tazza

Staff member
Did you get a deal on the new machine Tazza? Is the 751 all fixed up now? I tried to send you that link as Ryan sent it to me and I couldn't but by following the one he posted up above it goes to the same manual.
I think it was pretty good, $8,704 i think it ended up costing plus $450 freight to me. I should have it early next week. It doesn't look really pretty, but a coat of paint and it should be good. With only 1060 hours on the clock i think it will be a nice machine. Its missing the bobtach levers and pins, i think the GP bucket has been welded to the bobtach, easy enough to fix though.
The 751 is still a job in progress, its fully functional. It just needs small things like an engine oil pressure sender, decals hand grips, seat bar installing. Its a very nice machine, starts easily and has heaps of power. Just a few bugs to work out.

Latest posts