Axle seals and bearings 453

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Katoh

Hi Friends My little 453 has developed an oil leak from the front right hub, I've being looking through the manual and surfing the net for information. The machine has not even hit the 800hour mark so I cant really see the bearings being chewed out but you never know. I was thinking of just replacing the oil seals as I think its just the age of the machine that's the problem and seals do deteriorate over time. Couple of quick questions. Does anyone know of someone in Aust to by the seals from, or even a cross reference number for them OEM 6598829 I can find them over in the states but the shipping costs are crazy. If I need to replace bearings as well, has anyone ever done this on one of these, I watched a youtube of a chap working on a 463 it looked painful! I did read about separating the chain box from the rest of the machine, but there was not information on it. Thanks, and all the best for the up and coming new year to all!

Tazza

Staff member
You're right, access is terrible, but it cam be done.
Sadly I don't have a cross reference for seals, I'm in Brisbane, my dad gave the dimensions for the seals to his bearing mate and he got them for us. They should have numbers printed on them, OD ID and width.

OP
OP
K

Katoh

You're right, access is terrible, but it cam be done.
Sadly I don't have a cross reference for seals, I'm in Brisbane, my dad gave the dimensions for the seals to his bearing mate and he got them for us. They should have numbers printed on them, OD ID and width.
Thanks Tazza I will wait to bobcat open up again here in town and Ill get a price of the seals from them, If they are too xee I might buy one and use it to cross reference from a bearing supplier. Hopefully my bearings are still ok.

mikesolo

Thanks Tazza I will wait to bobcat open up again here in town and Ill get a price of the seals from them, If they are too xee I might buy one and use it to cross reference from a bearing supplier. Hopefully my bearings are still ok.
Katoh I just purchased 4 axle seals for my 753 from LPS Loader Parts Source in the USA on Xmas eve and the seals, arrived today delivered to Sydney Australia. Cheaper then Bobcat Sydney could supply. They have very good online parts service for all bobcats. I will use them again.

OP
OP
K

Katoh

Katoh I just purchased 4 axle seals for my 753 from LPS Loader Parts Source in the USA on Xmas eve and the seals, arrived today delivered to Sydney Australia. Cheaper then Bobcat Sydney could supply. They have very good online parts service for all bobcats. I will use them again.
G'Day mikesolo Actually that's where I found the seals originally, they have them for $16US each, "mate", not a problem but when you want $71US to ship one seal ??????? I want 4 seals, I have no prob's paying $64US for 4 seals weighting 0.4# and can fit into a $10US padded International bag, how can they justify $100US+ for shipping Translate that to Au$ , I'm not winging about their price, its the shipping cost that gets me. I reckon I can buy one seal here at a premium from Bobcat and get it matched from one of my bearing suppliers for less than just the shipping cost alone. Ill let you known soon when I do some more inquires next week. thanks

Tazza

Staff member
G'Day mikesolo Actually that's where I found the seals originally, they have them for $16US each, "mate", not a problem but when you want $71US to ship one seal ??????? I want 4 seals, I have no prob's paying $64US for 4 seals weighting 0.4# and can fit into a $10US padded International bag, how can they justify $100US+ for shipping Translate that to Au$ , I'm not winging about their price, its the shipping cost that gets me. I reckon I can buy one seal here at a premium from Bobcat and get it matched from one of my bearing suppliers for less than just the shipping cost alone. Ill let you known soon when I do some more inquires next week. thanks
That shipping is a bit much, was that an online calculator or was that a sales person getting back to you?
Try emailing them again and ask for Levi, hopefully he can get some time to help you out (he is the owner). He has always been really good at finding the lowest way possible to ship goods to me. Tell him Taryn from Australia said hi.

Spudzzy59

Hi Katoh
How did you eventually go with the seals?
I'm in the same predicament here in Melbourne. Can get the seals for my S70 from LPS but the shipping cost are $600 for 4 seals. Would be interested to know how you solved your issue

Cheers Paddy