average hours on a 1988 743?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

marko13

obviously there's no absolute answer to this but I bought a 743 without a working hour meter and now I have it replaced I would like to set it to a reasonable average for what it might have been originally. when I bought it I was told the meter was set to 0 when the hydraulic pump was rebuilt. It was about 38 hours when I got it but it runs continuously if the battery is connected. so it added a couple hundred since then but I now have it disconnected until I can fix the hydraulic pressure switch under the seat that I have read is what is supposed to run the meter when the engine is running and turn it off when it's not.

mrbb

my suggestion is, I would just use a paint p[en and mark date of replacement on it, and have it start over from zero from "X" date
this way you will know when to do PM's and or how many actual hours you use machine since replacing meter!
as you said there is NO way to tell how many hours it had before this
how a machine gets used, has so many variables, like is is used daily, weekly monthly, or??
home owner, construction company, and so on?

300-400 hours a yr doesn't sound like a lot though till you add up 36 yrs of them, as thats how old a 1988 is now! really makes me feel old to say this too, !~ HAHA!

Latest posts