Auxiliary hydraulics not working like it should

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jeremiahrowe

I bought a 2000 751 Bobcat skid steer not long ago, it runs great and the main bucket picks up and dumps like it should and I never used the Auxiliary hydraulics until yesterday. I bought a 1990 Case D-100 backhoe attachment for the bobcat. I tested the backhoe before I bought it, the guy who was selling it had it hooked up to a newer and bigger bobcat than mine but I figured that didn't matter. So I got the backhoe hooked up to my 751 Bobcat after I bought it and I ran through all the proper steps prior to hooking the backhoe up, I released the presser in the auxiliary prior to hooking it up, (my bobcat has a button for that) I had it running and I pushed the button and it turned off the engine and I guess it opens a electronic valve to release the pressure. I hooked up my lines from the backhoe to the skid steer with ease, I turned on the bobcat and I pushed the auxiliary normal flow button and pulled the trigger on the right control arm, the auxiliary pumped kicked on and the backhoe was energized, but I can not for the life of me figure out why the backhoe runs soooo sloooow! The functions for the scooping of the bucket and the up and down of the boom and mid arm go half the speed (reminder these actions were working just fine before I bought the backhoe) but the outriggers and the boom left and right work great they function normally it seems. So I'm not sure if there is an issue with my bobcat or the backhoe, is there like a filter for the auxiliary hydraulic system that's plugged up? Is my skid steer undersized for the Case D-100 backhoe? I've been looking all over the net for an answer and I'm getting nowhere. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated!

flyerdan

It sounds like he demoed it on a high flow machine; if your swing and outriggers, which are smaller cylinders, work fine, that would indicate that you have adequate pressure and flow, just not enough gpm to drive the bigger cylinders at full speed. Fire hose vs. garden hose.

OP
OP
jeremiahrowe

jeremiahrowe

It sounds like he demoed it on a high flow machine; if your swing and outriggers, which are smaller cylinders, work fine, that would indicate that you have adequate pressure and flow, just not enough gpm to drive the bigger cylinders at full speed. Fire hose vs. garden hose.
That makes sense. My 751 bobcat has a high flow button, but when I push it nothing happens, it's light doesn't turn on. I would think that the high flow option if turned on would pump enough GPM to make the backhoe work right, but I can't figure out why it's not turning on.

Lowe.Buuck

That makes sense. My 751 bobcat has a high flow button, but when I push it nothing happens, it's light doesn't turn on. I would think that the high flow option if turned on would pump enough GPM to make the backhoe work right, but I can't figure out why it's not turning on.
The valves on some backhoes require the oil to flow through the valve in a specified direction. If the flow is reversed the valve may not operate the cylinders or they may operate very slowly.
Take the couplers off the hoses are swap them. Then connect them back to the loader and try it again.
This issues has been addressed on this forum a number of times.
I have never heard of a backhoe attachment that needed high flow. Even if you were operating 3 functions at once, it would be hard to control.

OP
OP
jeremiahrowe

jeremiahrowe

The valves on some backhoes require the oil to flow through the valve in a specified direction. If the flow is reversed the valve may not operate the cylinders or they may operate very slowly.
Take the couplers off the hoses are swap them. Then connect them back to the loader and try it again.
This issues has been addressed on this forum a number of times.
I have never heard of a backhoe attachment that needed high flow. Even if you were operating 3 functions at once, it would be hard to control.
I reversed the lines and it worked!!! The backhoe now works like a charm. Thank you for your help!!! :D

Latest posts