aux hydraulic problem on 742b

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

paeblo

Recently purchased a 742b. Went to hook up a post hole digger and cannot get the aux hydraulic to engage. Lifted the cab and looked at the steering linkage. I think the activator is in the right joystick linkage but there is very little side to side motion of this joystick and definitely not enough to engage what I think should activate the aux hydraulic. Anyone have any experience with this?

Tazza

Staff member
I assume the lock out bolt has been removed?
I wonder if it has rusted from not being used?

OP
OP
P

paeblo

I assume the lock out bolt has been removed?
I wonder if it has rusted from not being used?
Thank you for your response. Unfortunately I'm not sure what to look for to tell if the lockout has been removed. I see 2 bolts in the square right linkage. One is long and goes all the way across the other is shorter. Is one of these the lockout bolt?

Tazza

Staff member
Thank you for your response. Unfortunately I'm not sure what to look for to tell if the lockout has been removed. I see 2 bolts in the square right linkage. One is long and goes all the way across the other is shorter. Is one of these the lockout bolt?
The long bolt is the pivot, there will be one other that holds the linkage to the lever. If the aux hydraulics are locked out there will be a third bolt stopping the lever moving, this is the lockout bolt.

OP
OP
P

paeblo

The long bolt is the pivot, there will be one other that holds the linkage to the lever. If the aux hydraulics are locked out there will be a third bolt stopping the lever moving, this is the lockout bolt.
Thank you. Worked like a charm.